Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor DWG Questions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BrianBolam4894
300 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor DWG Questions

I'm using Inventor 2009 and would like to use the Inventor DWG file format for drawings. In this particular case, my customer is so anal about CAD standards that I cannot re-create their template perfectly in Inventor. However, I think I have a better chance if I use their AutoCAD template to create and Inventor DWG template. I can convert the IDW to an IV DWG, but how do I replace the titleblock? I know I can insert the correct block, but I can't get it to snap to anything, therefore it can't be precisely located. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem without re-creating all my drawings?

Brian
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Brian, why not save their AutoCAD template as inventor template directly? If you already have finished a number of drawings, you can use the tool 'Drawing Resource Transfer Wizard' to copy the title block in their AutoCAD template to your drawings in batches.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BrianBolam4894

Hi Brian, go to this website and watch the video, all is there.
http://askthecadgeek.blogspot.com/2008/11/autocad-inventor-sheet-templates.html
Vit
Message 4 of 5

I forgot to mention that I must have all attributes in the titleblock remain intact, including the attribute name and tag. The drawing resource transfer wizard doesn't seem to transfer AutoCAD blocks. After I convert my IDW's to IV DWG's, I can copy/paste the blocks into it, but when I insert it, there's no way to locate the titleblock (it's like I'm bring in a sketched symbol). I'm following the procedure in the help file exactly. It works great for the first sheet because the template has the block already inserted at the proper location, but when I create a second sheet, there's no titleblock. So insert it from the AutoCAD blocks section, and yet again, I can't place it precisely. There has got to be a better way to do this. I need a procedure.

Brian
Message 5 of 5

Hum...You can try to copy the whole sheet contain the block at the correct location to another dwg file many times to get many sheet with the same block at the same location. But please note that the nodes under the AutoCAD blocks folder is AutoCAD block, not the title block, if you want to create real title block, please use the way gived by Vit to create title block.Only the real title block can be insert to a certain location.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report