Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Crashing

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
lee.hughesAA46F
2975 Views, 39 Replies

Inventor Crashing

Hi all,

Since installing the 2022 update last week my Inventor has been crashing every single time I try to edit a drawing title block. It will allow me to do one edit then will crash on the 2nd attempt every single time.

There is not option to report this crash so I was hoping this issue can be patched?

Kind regards

Lee

39 REPLIES 39
Message 21 of 40

Issue reported as INVGEN-58158. Not stably reproducing the hard crash. But I tried several times, 2 times I did crash Inventor. 

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 40

Another thread related to Inventor 2022.2 crashing.

Getting 2022.2 CTD's - Autodesk Community - Inventor

Message 23 of 40
kbo9EJHH
in reply to: lee.hughesAA46F

I had this issue with a customer who got crashes running ilogic code that replaced his titleblock.

The ilogic code had no problem before they installed Inventor SP2022.2

After investigating this deeper we found out it was crashing because the title block had image logo in it. And some Old missing OleReferences.

After We vectorized the logo in the template and Title Block we copied. And cleaned the Template for OleReferences. All works fine Again. This I for sure related to Inventor SP2022.2

Try and run the Attached code, to check for Olereferences in your template you copy the Title block from.

A simple test you can do is just to copy a Title block from a template you know has no image file logo in it, and see if Inventor still crashes.

And You can thank the customer that made me aware of your issue you uploaded here.

Regards Kent Boettger.

Class CheckDeleteOleLinks

'Code Created by Kent Bottger www.Invent.dk
	'Checks Document for faulty OleRefs

'Set the value "AutoDeleteOLERefs" to "True" if you want to delete all the OleRefs. Warning it will delete all current OleRefs
	'Set the Value "AutoDeleteOLERefs" to "False" if You Just want to Check the File for OleRefs

Dim AutoDeleteOLERefs As Boolean = False

Sub main

DeleteOLEReference()

End Sub

Public Sub DeleteOLEReference()

Dim oDoc As Document

oDoc = ThisDoc.Document

If oDoc.ReferencedOLEFileDescriptors.Count = 0 Then

MsgBox("There are no OLE references in this document.")

Exit Sub

End If

Dim oOleRef As ReferencedOLEFileDescriptor

Dim oOleRefs As ReferencedOLEFileDescriptors = oDoc.ReferencedOLEFileDescriptors

Dim oOleRefsCount As Integer = oOleRefs.Count

If oOleRefs.Count > 0 Then

Dim i As Integer

For i = oOleRefs.Count To 1 Step -1

MsgBox("Found OLEReF | " & " | " & i & " | " & oOleRefs.Item(i).LogicalName)

If AutoDeleteOLERefs = True Then

oOleRefs.Item(i).Delete

Continue For

Else

Continue For

End If

Next

iLogicVb.UpdateWhenDone = True

End If

End Sub

End Class

Message 24 of 40

Any update on this crash issue? Will this be fixed in the next update? When will the next update be available?
Message 25 of 40
nbarbars
in reply to: lee.hughesAA46F

Same problem here, 2022.2. Any edit on a drawing border makes it crash first time around, after restart it's fine until next drawing set. I emailed @liqinomickey with drawing and screencast file. Are there any plans to fix this issue soon? 

Message 26 of 40

Hi @ethan_howardMMXXIV , @nbarbars ,

Sorry for the experience. The good news is that we have already found a solution to solve this issue. And it will be included in future hotfix. In the meanwhile, please uninstall the Inventor 2022.2 update from "windows installed update" to avoide the crash. Thank you. 

We will notify this thread once the hotfix is released. Please stay tuned.

Mickey Li
Product Manager
ACS Docs Platform feature team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 27 of 40

Yes, I am experiencing the same.

Message 28 of 40

Thank you for the update. Look forward to the fix.

Message 29 of 40

Encountering the same issue. It happens every 2nd edit. So I go in to edit my custom titleblack, save and exit the editor, then reopen the editor and save. It will always fail on the second save. This happens when running the function GetTitleBlockTextboxValue() in vb.net code as well.

Message 30 of 40
kchong78
in reply to: liqinomickey

Hi.

I tried searching the forums for this specific issue (inventor 2022.2 crashing when editing / replacing titleblock" and found this thread.

I've noticed that Inventor tends to crash on the editing of the second idw file. Editing the first idw titleblock always completes file for me.

I've recently discovered that I'm getting errors with the drawing resource transfer wizard when replacing titleblocks and symbols. The first drawing gets successfully updated but the second fails. I've attached the error message - hopefully that will help in fixing this issue.

Regards,

Kenny

Message 31 of 40
rhasell
in reply to: kchong78

Hi

Have you installed the latest '2.1' patch?

This fixed the title block crashing issue.

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 32 of 40
kchong78
in reply to: rhasell

Hi,

I do not see this "2022.2.1" patch either on the "Autodesk Desktop App" or on the accounts page. The only one that I have available for download is 2022.2

I guess patch rollout is phased and I still have to wait for it to be rolled out to my region.

Cheers.

Message 33 of 40
rhasell
in reply to: kchong78

Hi

Interesting, I do recall seeing something that the patch might have been pulled?

Perhaps @johnsonshiue can comment?

Reg
Please Accept as a solution / Kudos
Message 34 of 40

Hi! Yes, 2022.2.1 was temporarily available for a day or two before it was pulled down due to other issues. We are in the middle of rebuilding it and labeling it as 2022.2.2. It will be available soon. You can install on top of 2022.2 or 2022.2.1.

In the meantime, if you are encountering a crash when editing a title block with an image, the easiest way to avoid the crash is to unload Routed System: Cable&Harness Add-In.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 35 of 40

I installed Inventor 2022.2.1 Update and Vault Client 2022.2.2 yesterday (2/14). Vault update worked but I experienced crashes when editing a feature in part mode and couldn't open any assemblies without crashing. I went back to a stable version for me which is 2022.0.1. 

Message 36 of 40

Hi Ethan,

Inventor 2022.2.2 update is available now. Please install it and report back. It should fix the random crashes you are seeing.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 37 of 40
hpe9AR23
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I have the problem in inventor 2023.3

When edit title block in drawing template, it crash or logo disapear when saving drawing. I have a ilgoic that chage title block on save. 

Message 38 of 40
johnsonshiue
in reply to: hpe9AR23

Hi! It is possible your drawing crash might be a different issue than the original one. Please share the files in zip with me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the crash better.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 39 of 40

Hi Johnson, I received your email message this morning. Really appreciated that. I am now on 2024.0.1 and do not crash per this issue. I do however find that filling cells in a drawing table like the REVISION HISTORY table is consistently quirky. When I type, I see the first couple of characters, and then any character after that is invisible until I tab to the next cell and then the text reappears. I don't want to contaminate this thread with a separate issue though.
Message 40 of 40

Hi Ethan,

This is a known regression on 2024. We are working on a fix. The fix will be available on 2024.1 update.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report