Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor crashing when replacing component

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
j_steenbergen
546 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor crashing when replacing component

If I replace a certain component in an assembly with another component, Inventor will crash. I then also don't get the screen to send an error report to Autodesk. See screencast.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
BDCollett
in reply to: j_steenbergen

A little hard to workout why it would be crashing from just that, it looks like a normal process. Are you running all the latest updates?

Can you replicate the crash if you make a new assembly with only that part?

Message 3 of 8
sundars

Hi @j_steenbergen 

We apologize for the inconvenience caused. Could you please submit a crash report (if you haven't already done so) and you can send me your email address. I will be happy to look it up. Also, if you can provide reproducible steps and your dataset that would be very helpful.

You can reach me at: sundarsATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks and Regards,

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 4 of 8
j_steenbergen
in reply to: sundars

Hi Shiva, I sent you an email. As I said, I didn't get the screen to submit error report. So I've sent you related errors from the Windows event viewer.

@BDCollett: Yes, yesterday I updated to the newest update but no change. I already really simplified the assemblies which took a lot of time because of the amount of crashes each time I tried. I currently don't have the time to rebuild it, will try maybe next week. Will post an update in that case!

Message 5 of 8
sundars

Hi @j_steenbergen 

Thank you for the email. I got it. The windows crash event shows that you were running Inventor 2022 RTM at the time of crash and it looks like you updated to 2022.1 since then?

I am not sure why you are not getting the crash report dialog. Can you try re-installing the crash error report  package? 

https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Some more questions

1. What about graphics card/drivers - is it up to date?

2. Are you crashing only with this particular replace command? or do other commands also crash?

Can you provide a simple example perhaps? Maybe a small dataset and steps to reproduce.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 6 of 8
j_steenbergen

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your reply. I installed the software you provided with the link, but unfortunately I still don't get the error submit screen. The graphics card is a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti and seems to be up to date. A few other colleagues have another setup but are experiencing the same problem.

We have the crash only with the replace command and only with these particular assemblies. Unfortunately we have a lot of assemblies that are based on these two.

I'll send you an example through mail!

Message 7 of 8
sundars

Hi @j_steenbergen 

Thank you for the dataset. I was able to reproduce the problem and have logged a defect (INVGEN-56229 ) against this issue. I will update you once I find more information on the nature of the problem. Unfortunately, I am not able to find a workaround right now. It does seem to be dataset specific and I hope its not a general issue for you.

Thanks

-shiva

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 8 of 8
j_steenbergen

Good to hear that you could reproduce the problem and created a ticket. I hope they can find the solution. Thanks for your efforts!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report