Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Assembly Parametric Portal Frame Design

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
367 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor Assembly Parametric Portal Frame Design

hey guys. I want to design a portal frame however i don't how the best method to use in order to design a portal frame which is parametric.

What I'm thinking is to make all the parts at the first, bottom flange, top flange, web, plates etc. Then make an assembly of the portal frame and the last the drawings.

Would you suggest the same? Because i want to use the files again and make another portal frame by just chaning the dimensions.

kelly.young has edited your subject line for clarity: Portal frame design

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
kelly.young
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous there are many ways to go about designing a parametric assembly. 

A good place to start would be to read through the different methods and decide which will be best for you manufacturing process.

Large Assembly Modeling Workflows

Modeling Techniques in Inventor

Once you figure out which is best I would recommend setting up a basic assembly with simple shapes. Work on the parametric design on a basic level and find out what works best.

When you grasp how it behaves you can start to add details and get the whole assembly parametric. 

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report