Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2024 No volume in solid body

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
k_balt
196 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2024 No volume in solid body

I have a strange error on a part in Inventor 2024 witch I have created in a older version of Inventor. 

Inventor 2024 doesn't see any volume in the part while it is a normal solid body and therefore I can not add a chamfer or anything else witch is normal in a solid body. In a previous version of Inventor I already made some chamfer to the part but I can't edit them anymore.  

Somebody any idea what goes wrong here? The part is in the attachment. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Gabriel_Watson
in reply to: k_balt

You'll have to reconstruct it:
3D Model tab > Modify (expand the flyout panel) > Copy Object (select Repaired Geometry).

Similar thread:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/component-with-no-volume/m-p/2046411/highlight/true#M2...
Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: k_balt

Hi! This is a bug. Somehow the solid body is incorrectly tagged. There is bookkeeping error. So Inventor assumes there isn't a solid body, while there is clearly one. Though this part looks simple, it might have been edited repeatedly. The solid body is #10 as opposed to #1. To fix it, move EOP to below the Extrusion and delete it and recreate it. Move EOP down and fix up the Chamfer and the Hole.

Do you know how to reproduce the behavior from scratch? There is a bug to fix here.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
k_balt
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for your answer. 

I have tried this already but then it looses its reference faces. The part is used in more then 200 assemblies so that is no option. 

The option "copy object" and select "repair body" works for me but unfortunately the part gets two solid bodies so the mass isn't correct anymore. 

Are there more solutions to this error? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report