Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2024 Insert Frame not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mihail.merkurjev
168 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2024 Insert Frame not working

Hi all

Absolute newbie to Inventor here. I'm currently in the process of getting familiar with Inventor and encountered weird issue where "insert frame" tool is not working. I went over the forum posts and some other people have also enbcoutered similar issues, but none of them seemed to deal with 100% the same issue.

I created a sketch in part file, placed it in an assembly, saved and tried to activate the "insert frame" tool - nothing happens. Dialog box on the lower left of th screen says "ready" which tells me the issue is not that the tool window opened off screen. It just doesn't "activate" at all. Tried clean install of the program and Reset utility - no help.

Also, this issue happens only on my personal computer. On my work laptop, no issues. 

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi!

Check if the Frame Generator Add-in is loaded:

CCarreiras_0-1708951626148.png

Check if you have the frames available in Content Center.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Hi! Another possibility is that the Content Center isn't set up properly. As Carlos mention, try inserting a simple content center part. Go to Project Settings -> Configure Content Center (the button at the bottom on the right) -> make sure the appropriate libraries are selected.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report