Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2023 doesnt export STL... bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
m.nachmazov
337 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2023 doesnt export STL... bug?

Hi,

Im trying to export a stl file as I did many times in Inventor 2022,  but Inventor 2023 does nothing.

I do following:

Select object to export -> File -> Print -> Send to 3d print service-> Print range- selected and than OK- > navigate to desired folder and OK. And the result is nothing.

I want to export the objects as STL individually. When I export all objects as one STL file, exporting works as expected. 

Again, this is something I did  many times in Inventor 2022 but with 2023 version it doesnt work.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: m.nachmazov

Have you installed all updates for 2023? I am able to select a few parts in an assembly and then file..print..send to 3d print service and use the "selected" option to save to STL just without any issues. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
m.nachmazov
in reply to: mcgyvr

Yes, I have also restarted computer, tried to close and open Inventor multiple times... just to be sure I opened Inventor 2022 and there it works as always its only in 2023
Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr

@m.nachmazov wrote:
Yes, I have also restarted computer, tried to close and open Inventor multiple times... just to be sure I opened Inventor 2022 and there it works as always its only in 2023

@m.nachmazov Likely something file specific or process specific that you are doing..

Can you post the files here? (make sure to included any iam as well as ipt files as the iam does not contain the ipt files in itself)

If we had the files we can then try out your exact process and see whats going on. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
johnsonshiue

Hi! Try with a simple box. Does it work? If yes, this means there are geometric problems with the files. Or, the objects are not supported in STL export. Please share the files here.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report