Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2022 Default IBL problem

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
GJackson-GMC
4367 Views, 23 Replies

Inventor 2022 Default IBL problem

Hi All

Any advise please, I have updated to Inventor 2022 and I am having an issue with the default IBL with my templates. (I am quite new to this so apologies if its something obvious) 

Issue is that the Default IBL show components Black (Very Dark) within the default templates? I have compared with previous templates & the IBL default in my 2021 sheet metal template had an 'Environment tab' as attached image 001, with the lighting tab & shadows next to it, lighting set with 'no' lights on (image 002) all was fine as the part display, nice grey generic material etc... as you can see in the image.

The Default templates IBL in 2022 is missing the Environment tab? Just Lighting & Shadow tabs, with the lighting off as previously settings (image 003) parts show very dark?

When opening my older templates in 2022 I got the Style Conflict popup regarding the IBL, I have opened my sheet metal template & save the Default IBL to the style library and all seems good opening the template from 'New' until I open a different part template , expecting a style conflict because this hasn't been updated, but No it seems to reset style Library back to the 2022 default (Very Dark), going back to my sheet metal template I then get the Style conflict again?

The problem in summary is how do I get the lighting back to how it was so I can see the component material & appearance other than black / dark?

Additionally is the environments tab missing 2022 IBL style correct, part of the problem? Finally whey does my Save IBL Style from my previous template revert to showing 'Style Conflict' opening a 2022 default template.

Hope this makes some sense, any assistance appreciated, 

Regards

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24

Hi! If I recalled correctly, the issue should have been fixed on 2022.1 update. Please install 2022.1 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 22 of 24

I did just install 2022.1.1 update and still had the same problem. It wasn't until I replaced the lighting.xml file with one from this forum that it started working. It is a small nuisance issue. Just frustrating it did not work until hours of searching the internet.
Message 23 of 24
johnsonshiue
in reply to: GJackson-GMC

Hi! I am very sorry for the trouble you have encountered. Also the confusion that it may have caused. If I understood the issue correctly (INVGEN-52262), it should have been fixed on 2022.0.1 and all later updates.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2022/ENU/Inve...

The defect is about the xml file encoding. The lighting style was mistakenly changed from UTF-8 to UTF-16. As a result, it is not properly recognized as a IBL style.

The fix was to restore the encoding back to UTF-8. I guess the lighting.xml file on your machine might have been changed already. And, the update skipped the updating process to preserve customization. If it was the original 2022 style, the update should have swapped out the old one with the new one.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 24 of 24
udo.huebner
in reply to: GJackson-GMC

I have also seen an issue with "black parts". Certain parts appear black when a reflective appearance like "Silver" is used and the folder for the reflection environment images like "studio_02.dds" in the %PUBLICDOCUMENTS%\Autodesk\Inventor %RELEASE%\Textures\ folder was not accessible.
This was on a machine running Windows 11.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report