Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2020.1 Update

32 REPLIES 32
SOLVED
Message 1 of 33
loren_welch
2472 Views, 32 Replies

Inventor 2020.1 Update

Inventor 2020.1 update was released last week. Check your Autodesk Account or the Autodesk Desktop App for your update. 

What’ New and release notes here:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2020/ENU/?guid=GUID-DE1C5290-0115-4D81-A7AF-5B7B9B769E4E

http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2020/ENU/?guid=Inventor_ReleaseNotes_Updates_2020_1_fixed_bugs...

loren welch

Product Manager

32 REPLIES 32
Message 21 of 33
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Cadmanto

Hi Scott,

None of these behaviors are normal. There is a company-wide licensing issue which could cause behaviors like this. Please install the licensing patch. Then install 2020.1 update.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-licensing-service-updat...

Please report back your findings.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 22 of 33
Cadmanto
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnson,

Always a pleasure to hear from you.  Yes, you are right, there is nothing normal about this sequence of events.😯  I only worked half day yesterday and that was spent trying to right this issue.

This morning I did what you suggested.  Installed the patch and then 2020.1 

inventor.png

Then I restarted and it proceeded to install the same Windows update that started this whole thing yesterday.  That took about 45 minutes.  And again like yesterday, Inventor cannot connect with Vault after the update.

vault.png

Like I said yesterday, this has happened to me one other time.  So, I am going to revert back to the previous build of windows and I will assume that all will be good.  The good news is my Inventor seems to be working again and I can see my iLogic browser again.

I will give you a final report after I uninstall this Windows update.

I have since reverted back to the previous version of Windows and everything appears to be working just fine again.

As Always Johnson, Thank you for your diligence and support on these forums!!!

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 23 of 33
JohnKHouston
in reply to: loren_welch

Small feedback on the update, It's a small thing but I'm not partial to the bold text that the iProperty was changed to. The fields are all 3D boxes now, which I couldn't care less about, makes no difference to me but I uninstalled the update because of the bold text.

Sure wonder why some of these changes are implemented...

I'll wait for another update and see if it affects me or not. Usually I want to keep current but the bold text just hurts my eyes so I'll avoid it as long as I can.

John

Message 24 of 33

@JohnKHouston 

Can you share a screen shot of the issue you're referring to? 

Meaning I don't know which bold text you are talking about that's hurting your eyes, so a screen shot could help understanding this...

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 25 of 33

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply but I've uninstalled the update so I can't send you a screenshot of the bold text. But, it was in every field except for the date field. I'm guessing whichever field was changed to the 3D also was changed to bold. The date field was still flat so it wasn't bold.

If it will help, I'll install the update again so I can show you the issue.

John

Message 26 of 33

@JohnKHouston 

Are you talking about the iProperties dialog box?

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 27 of 33

Yes, it's in the iProperties dialog box. Thought I mentioned that...

Message 28 of 33

@JohnKHouston 

You did, but then you were talking about the date field so I wasn't sure if you were talking about the iproperies box or something else because date fields are pull-down and not edit fields in the iprop dialog.

Anyhow not seeing any bold lettering but perhaps you view it a different way....

In the end was just trying to understand what you were seeing.

Mark Lancaster

Message 29 of 33

Sorry, Mark, I wasn't trying to be difficult.

Here's a screenshot that shows the bold text in the property fields. You can also see that the date field is not in bold because it's not a customizable field, just a selectable field.

Also, note that the file subtype field is not bolded because the field is not in 3D format. If I were to add screenshots of the various iProperty dialog box, the same rule applies to the different fields. Anything that has been changed to have 3D box around the field has had the text changed to bold, anything that is still "flat" is normal text.

Appreciate your interest, hopefully someone from ADesk can comment.

Message 30 of 33

@JohnKHouston 

Not seeing that all at my end..

2019-09-03_13-40-27.jpg

Under Tools/Application Options/General tab, what do you have for text appearance?

Just to confirm, when you don't have the 2020.1 update, the info (text) is not bold?

Mark Lancaster

Message 31 of 33

My text appearance is Tahoma 8 pt, which I believe is default. And, yes if I uninstall the update the text goes back to normal.

Message 32 of 33
SBix26
in reply to: JohnKHouston

I see it on my system, too.  Doesn't bother me, but I wonder, too, what changed and why.  FWIW, I'm using Windows 7.

2020.1 iProps Dialog.png

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2020.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 33 of 33
JohnKHouston
in reply to: SBix26

Ah, good point Sam, I'm on Win 7 as well. Perhaps that's the problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report