Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019.2 Update Error with Copy Design

133 REPLIES 133
SOLVED
Message 1 of 134
ferrisb
9550 Views, 133 Replies

Inventor 2019.2 Update Error with Copy Design

This morning I installed update 2019.2 on a Windows 10 workstation.

Now my copy design from Vault does not work.

Can anyone else reproduce this or, possibly know the solution?

For now I just uninstalled that update, and it works as normal.

VAULT COPY DESIGN ERROR.jpg

133 REPLIES 133
Message 21 of 134
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: Anonymous

I just tried a vault user that was a "Consumer" and "Editor 1".  Both of those worked without issue.  Are you referring to making the users a "Windows Administrator"?  Also, below is a Screencast link showing what I am doing on my image to reproduce the issue.  I know the user is logged in as an administrator for the video but as mentioned I tested it without the (Vault) administrator user permission.  You may need a Screencast account to see the video:

https://autode.sk/2DuV02x

Thanks,

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.
Message 22 of 134
Anonymous
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

We found that it depends on the level the User has in Vault - We have changed the User to Administrator.   They then can use copy design...   This is not a Solution!!!!  

Users have local Admin Priv in windows on their PC - Normally in Vault they have “Document editor level 2” 

On One PC Windows 10 (1803) (INV 2019.2/ BasicVault 2019.1) 

- We had two different users log in.

- Only ran Vault for both User.....   

- The Vault Admin - Copy design works fine

- The Edit2 user - Copy design does not work.

Message 23 of 134
scottmoyse

Ohh that's a good clue. I bet a lot of the testing that's being done to repro this is with Administrator Vault accounts

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

RevOps Strategy Manager at Toolpath. New Zealand based.

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 24 of 134
ihayesjr

Hi Dana,

I have also tried this and I am unable to reproduce the error you are seeing. Please log a product support case so that someone can remotely connect to investigate the issue.

While you wait for the support case, try running a repair on the Vault client and Inventor View and trying again.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 25 of 134
andy-axium

I am a vault administrator and I am getting the Copy Design Error

Message 26 of 134
andy-axium
in reply to: JamesMcMullen

please see screencast

Message 27 of 134
ihayesjr
in reply to: andy-axium

Please try and run a repair on the Vault client, Inventor and Inventor View applications. Do them one at a time and test again after each repair.

Thanks

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 28 of 134
andy-axium
in reply to: ihayesjr

I've tried a repair on both Vault Basic and Inventor 2019.2, can't see a way of doing a repair on Inventor Viewer.

Didn't make any difference.

Screenshot showing Vault profile also attached.

Message 29 of 134
ihayesjr

Can you uninstall Inventor View and reinstall it from the Vault client installer?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 30 of 134
andy-axium

Hi Irvin,

Possible if I knew how?

Can't find an uninstaller for I View?

Message 31 of 134
ihayesjr

Try reinstalling from the Vault client please.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 32 of 134
andy-axium

I do have Inventor View installed, I can see it in the programs list but it is not in the add/remove programs in control panel?

Can't seem to unistall?

Message 33 of 134
andy-axium

Possibly a stupid question, but how do you uninstall Inventor View when it's
not listed in add/remove programs?

Message 34 of 134
scottmoyse

The Autodesk uninstall tool in your start menu?

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 35 of 134
andy-axium
in reply to: scottmoyse

No uninstall option in the uninstall tool for Inventor View?

Uninstall.PNG

Message 36 of 134
eric.roades

We were having the same issue yesterday with the Copy Design feature, and it seemed to extend to the "View in Window..."  tool also.  At some time yesterday, an update for the Autodesk Desktop App came up.  I installed it, rebooted the computer, and Copy Design and View in Window seem to be working again. 

I've done this on three workstations with the same results: Copy Design gave the "error occurred during file operations" mesage, and View in Window just didn't work prior to the Desktop App update, and even after the update was applied.  Rebooting the machine after the update, and these are functional again.

I hope that this can help others that are having this issue.

Message 37 of 134
scottmoyse
in reply to: eric.roades

Which program was the update for?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 38 of 134
eric.roades
in reply to: scottmoyse

The update was for the Autodesk Desktop App itself.  I wouldn't figure that would have anything to do with Copy Design, but that's the only thing that's changed between yesterday and today.

Message 39 of 134
ihayesjr

Can those who are still having issues can you try and go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Bin and double-click on InventorView.exe so it runs? Then see if you get the error.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 40 of 134
Anonymous

Hi,
We have found that stations that have this problem will autoMagically fix themselves and start working !!!!!!!!! No intervention other than daily booting/shutdown
We had an Interactive session with AutoDesk Yesterday and - low and behold - All work as it should - While they were connected!!!! As soon as we rebooted after the session - Copy Design No Longer Works!
We have also found (as expected) if we uninstall the 2019.2 patch - All works as expected....
We have another session with Autodesk today - I'll try and Post the results......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report