Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2019.2 Update Error with Copy Design

133 REPLIES 133
SOLVED
Message 1 of 134
ferrisb
10435 Views, 133 Replies

Inventor 2019.2 Update Error with Copy Design

This morning I installed update 2019.2 on a Windows 10 workstation.

Now my copy design from Vault does not work.

Can anyone else reproduce this or, possibly know the solution?

For now I just uninstalled that update, and it works as normal.

VAULT COPY DESIGN ERROR.jpg

133 REPLIES 133
Message 121 of 134
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

thank you Chris, looks like this got me going! appreciate your help!

Message 122 of 134
-JvdZ-
in reply to: kmiller

Hi All,

Well, still a problem at several customers here in Holland. All of the workarounds do work, but we also discover that after a restart of the PC, that the problem is back. So it looks like something is not starting up well.

This issue is already there for almost 5 months. So Autodesk please come up with a solution/fix!!

Please take a look in our Cadac Store

Jaap van der Zwan
Consultant Manufacturing at Cadac Group MFG BV | NL
_____________________________________________________________________________...
My Screencasts | My Articles

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Message 123 of 134
Anonymous
in reply to: -JvdZ-

I had this problem and Autodesk fixed it. Now I have updated to 2019.4 and the problem is back.

Message 124 of 134
Madhan_T
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, @Anonymous ,

We have identified the root cause. If the workarounds in this do NOT help, it is possible the system is in the following state.

Condition 1:

The last launched version of Inventor View is 2018.

AND

Condition 2:

The very first selection of a file entity is IDW/DWG through shortcuts or left click on the file.

To solve this,

1) Ensure that the last launched version of Inventor View is 2019 (from Inventor 2019\bin folder)

2) As soon as you launch Vault Explorer, select an Inventor part file (ipt or iam) and Invoke copy design. You should be able to see the Copy Design dialog. This step takes care of loading the correct dlls from the right location.

Hereafter, you should be able to get copy design dialog on any file for that session.

We are working on a long term solution where the above-mentioned workarounds are not necessary.

Regards,

Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 125 of 134
eric.roades
in reply to: Madhan_T

Hello all!

Now that Inventor 2020 is out, I was wondering if anyone had experienced this issue with the new version?  We've been running with the workarounds on 2019.2 very successfully since December.  We're looking to update soon, and I was curious what everyone's experience has been so far.

Thank you,

Eric

Message 126 of 134

Autodesk released an Update for Vault 2019, 2019.3. It seems like they have fixed the problem now.

Message 127 of 134
mikepS7J3T
in reply to: ferrisb

Vault basic 2019.3 update with Inventor 2019.4 corrected this issue and many others.  

Message 128 of 134
guido_66
in reply to: mikepS7J3T

Yesterday I updated Inventor 2019.4.1 and Vault client to 2019.3. The error is back again….. So, no it's not solved!

Message 129 of 134
guido_66
in reply to: guido_66

Too late to edit my post: luckily our Vault server is updated to 2020, if I use the 2020 client the problem is not there.

Message 130 of 134

Just upgraded from 2019 to 2020.  2019 NO PROBLEMS.  2020...can't design copy...!!!  What a joke...

Message 131 of 134

Try deleting the contents of the folder %temp% and see if that fixes the issue.

Message 132 of 134

Hi Frank,

I recalled it was a regression in Vault 2020, which got fixed in later updates. Please install the latest Vault 2020 update. Also, install Inventor 2020.4 update followed by 2020.4.1 update.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 133 of 134

@frank.nielsen.linde.com 

Did you install the Vault 2020.3.4 Update?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 134 of 134

It was NONE of those issues.  It was something stupid about Inventor View not being installed...

So you have to:

1.  Uninstall Vault

2.  Uninstall Inventor

3.  Install Vault (to install Inventor View)

4.  Install Inventor

5.  Uninstall Vault (because now Vault can not see Inventor)

6.  Re-Re-Install Vault

7.  Bang head against wall...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report