Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2018 Presentation - Drawing view issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
166 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2018 Presentation - Drawing view issue

I was asked about this..

A user has a drawing of an IPN.  The product overall dimension is too long so the user perform a break view on the front view showing the IPN.    In that view everything looks ok including the trails.  In the ISO projected view the trails are shown at the original location before the break.

Is this allowed in the iso view or a bug?

2018-09-25_10-53-51.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
philip1009
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

First off, what is that funky background all about?

It looks like this happens when you edit the break segment after the iso view is created, it persists after you delete and recreate the iso view too.  For me to make the glitch go away I have to remove all of the breaks and remake them.  This looks like another glitch for Autodesk to work on.  Until then just make sure you're breaks are where you want them before creating iso views.

It does correct itself if you turn on Raster View, but reverts back to the glitch when you turn it back off.

EDIT: I was able to recreate this in the latest 2019, I'm guessing this is a function that's rarely used (I've never seen it used) so it wasn't caught until now.

Message 3 of 6
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: philip1009

@philip1009

@philip1009 wrote:

First off, what is that funky background all about?

That's the new background per Inventor 2018.7 version...  Smiley LOL   Actually this is the screen around the outside of the drawing border and under a remote session (so graphics are reduced). 

The front view and breaks of the IPN was created before the iSO view was..  No matter what we did (besides the raster view), it never updated the trails.  I also did remove the breaks and recreate them and the results was the same.

And yes I agree about its not normally used..  I was caught off guard too when the user showed it to me..

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 6
philip1009
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

After closer inspection recreating the breaks and iso view it still generates the trail lines in the wrong places in 2019.

@johnsonshiue , we've got another weird one for you to look at.

Message 5 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: philip1009

Hi! Could you share the files with me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)? I would like to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6

@johnsonshiue

I'm unable to share the dataset due to IP..  But if you just create a simple assembly in Inventor and a presentation file..  In the drawing break the view and create an ISO from it you will see the trails don't appear correctly in the ISO view.

Mark Lancaster

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report