Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 isometric drawing dimension text not aligned to anything???

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1072 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2017 isometric drawing dimension text not aligned to anything???

See screenshot below.  I didn't have this problem on the last model I worked with.  I've searched numerous keywords trying to find the answer but I haven't found anything discussing this issue.  My viewcube is not at a wierd angle or anything.  I personally hate isometric view dimensions but have to do it this way for sales spec sheets.  Anyone have this problem before or know how I can get the text to align with the leader arrow extension lines??? 

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Sam

UNALIGNED ISO DIM TEXT.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The behavior does look odd. I am able to reproduce the behavior. It does have something to do with the view direction. If you rotate the view, does the dimension value look better?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the reply Johnson.  I played around with the view rotation and found out that this is causing the issue.  If I create a custom view orientation by just clicking the corner of the view cube (without any further adjustment) the dimensions come out ok.  If I do that same thing but drag the view cube down slightly after clicking the corner, the dimensions look all out of whack.  May just have to use the standard orientation from just clicking the corner and be done with it.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Just a follow-up:  I couldn't get the dimension text to align so I just hid the dimensions and faked them with non-leader text that I was able to rotate to my liking. Must be some kind of weird bug.

Message 5 of 6
okaleja

Hi Sam,

You should be able to fix that by modifying dimension style. Please check the following options:

TextOrient.png

For aligned and vertical dimensions make sure to select "Inline - Aligned" or "Inline - Vertical" orientation.

Hope this helps,

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: okaleja

Thanks Okelaja that worked.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report