Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 crash

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
JasonRhymes
579 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2015 crash

We are currently using Inventor 2015 SP2.  When working with sheet metal inventor will crash a lot.  Mirroring even trying to save it will crash.  Anyone have an idea or know a hotfix we can download.

JasonRhymes
You may recognize me from the
thousands of previous newsreader posts
I've made over the last 10+ years
as Jason Rhymes

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

@JasonRhymes

Well there's 5 updates for service pack 2...  Smiley Wink 

When it crashes are you getting the Inventor Crash report dialog?  If so select the report button and hover over the dmpuserinfo.xml (or something like that) in the next dialog.   It will tell you the location (by default its in C:\users\<username>\Appdata\local\temp.   OPen the file using notepad or XML editor and remove your serial #.  Save the file to something else.xml and attach here so it can be reviewed.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9

i hope this is what you are looking for.  we are also using vault pro 2015

JasonRhymes
as Jason Rhymes

Message 4 of 9

Your crash report has some unique messages in it..  Smiley Sad   Never seen them before..  So I'm not sure what's causing the crash to occur.

Can you just confirm you have enough disk space (and not in the red) where your Inventor files are being saved.

Update:  Also look in your Windows Event logs around the time Inventor crashes and see if Windows has any additional information.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 9

Space is good.  nothing in windows logs.

JasonRhymes
as Jason Rhymes

Message 6 of 9

@JasonRhymes

Does this crash on every sheet metal part or just random.   Is there a certain workflow that's causing this?  Also in the Tools/Add-ins..  Do you have any add-ins that were not part of the normal Inventor installation.

Do you have reseller?  They can log a case for you as well.

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 9

here is another report if you want to look at it.  This time it crashed when trying to use frame generator

JasonRhymes
as Jason Rhymes

Message 8 of 9

Is this crashing on a single machine or happening to other workstations?

I was talking to someone about your original error report you sent and he said it sounds like you have memory issues like your RAM chips are bad.  He recommended that you swap Ram, try another user logging on this machine or use a different machine and see if Inventor crashes with your parts.

Mark Lancaster

Message 9 of 9

We have 4 machines and they all crash

JasonRhymes
as Jason Rhymes

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report