Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011/2012 very slow opening Assemblies

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1337 Views, 1 Reply

Inventor 2011/2012 very slow opening Assemblies

We have an issue when opening assemblies in Inventor 2011 (same issue exists in newly installed 2012, and I am told that 2010 did not have this issue). Opening an assembly on the server takes between 15-20 minutes to open, sometimes longer. ( More parts takes longer but even smaller assemblies with only a few parts takes upwards of 10 minutes.) during which the CPU usage drops to 0% with the odd spike as it is opening, RAM usage stays well below 50%. It has been an ongoing issue, across multiple servers, but seems to be getting progressively worse. Considering there have been drastic improvements to the network over the last year, we expected improvements overall but that is not the case.

We have tried the following, which did not help at all.

Inventor repair, install of hotfixs and services packs.

Moving files to local machine and opening them there.

Disable Aero, disable/uninstall Antivirus, WIndows Defender, Firewall

setting graphics to compatibility mode, disabling quick file open.

Removing video drivers and using Driver Sweeper in safe mode and reinstalling,

disabling/fully updating drivers for 3D Space Navigator.

The workstations are for the most part identical.

HP Z400 Workstation

-Windows 7 Bit SP1

-Intel Xeon w3550 @ 3GHz

-9GB DDR3

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi cjanderson1985, 

I'd be curious to see if adjusting the Use Unique File Names setting in the project, and setting it to No would have any impact on the time it takes to open your files. Here's a link that explains this better:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/open-inconsistent-assembly-takes-long-time-to-show-u...

In addition to this, you might check to see if your assemblies include adaptive parts. I've seen even a small number of adaptive parts create issues with long update times, and this could be at play in your file opening issues.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report