Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive 3d manual / instructions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1028 Views, 3 Replies

Interactive 3d manual / instructions

Does inventor have any tool to create a interactive 3d manual for complex assemblies?

I know there is a animation with start and pause. But I would like to be able to take it step by step for each detail just by clicking NEXT or BACK and showing that specific detail while hiding the rest of the assembly. And also add some text which include what tools to use etc.

If not - is there any program that can do this that doesnt require programming knowledge?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Most likely you want to create an Inventor Presentation file (or an .ipn).  Here's a you tube video about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXdhsdCbmuo

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thanks for your reply but it doesnt really give me all I want.

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

There used to be Inventor Publisher that might have gotten closer to what you may want.. But it was retired due to low usage..

The Inventor Presentation Environment is not a suitable replacement for it and doesn't do what I think you want..

I haven't seen anything from Autodesk or its competition really that would be used by the floor/assembly personnel that guides them through the assembly process..  

(Electronic Work Instruction Software I believe its commonly called..)

We created our own solution using a website content management system called Joomla.. Each step is an "article" and you can easily step through the process using next/previous buttons and can create whatever instructions/images/videos you want on each article page.. 

I've gotten numerous compliments on it from people that I've shown it too..

And you can do it all with little/no programming experience..

We went a step further and did some fairly simply php programming to tie it into our ERP system to pull up real time pick lists/labor recording,etc... 

I haven't figured out a good way though to include 3d files that can be rotated,etc... by the assembly staff yet.. But I really haven't looked into it much yet as static images of the 3d model has been more than sufficient..

A quick search found this first..

http://www.assemblyxsoftware.com/

I haven't used it so I can't comment on it but there are other software packages just like it..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report