Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infer Connectors

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MakkaPakka
366 Views, 3 Replies

Infer Connectors

In an assembly, right clicking on a rigid joint brings up a sub menu choice: Infer Connectors. This leads to a dialogue: Create Connectors (with no help button). Does anyone know the functionality of this dialogue? Having played around with it, new nodes (a yellow dot) are created in the model tree of parts referenced by the joint. I have never seen these before and I can't find mention of them in the help facility. Deleting the joint in the assembly leaves the nodes in the parts. What is the intended application of this functionality I am left wondering.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blandb
in reply to: MakkaPakka

Can you share screen shots? Are you in a different environment?

If I right click on a rigid joint in 2022 I don't see what you are referring to:

blandb_0-1689947614976.png

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
MakkaPakka

I am in the normal assembly environment. That is the rmb menu where the command appears on my system (2020 version) Will get a screen shot Monday and will have a look to see if it is in a ribbon drop down somewhere.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
MakkaPakka

Doing some more research I have found it is related to Configurator 360 cloud service which I believe is no longer supported since 2021. Probably why it no longer appears in later Inventor versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report