Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCH xyz versus MM xyz coordinate system error

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Justin_DeSilva
725 Views, 3 Replies

INCH xyz versus MM xyz coordinate system error

Inventor LT 2012

When opening template files I've discovered a problem. INCH and MM coordinate values are not identical. Iv'e tried reconfiguring the coordinate values however they prove false when using sketch relations. For instance, sketch relation horizontal is actually applying a vertical sketch relation, and vise versa. Why is this so?

Image24.jpg

Image25.jpg

Also, after creating a mm template file whose coordinate system is similar to inch template file, the home view when opening is reveresed. When selcting the home icon located on the view cube, the orientation in mm template file is reversed and rotates 180 degrees?

Image26.jpg

Image27.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ampster40
in reply to: Justin_DeSilva

wonder if First Angle vs Third Angle is the cause...

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: ampster40

I always thought people using the metric system were wrong.. This proves it Smiley Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4
cwhetten
in reply to: Justin_DeSilva

I have noticed the same thing.

You just need to change the view cube orientation in your template file (it's relative anyway, so it's no big deal).  Re-orientate your view so that the Z-axis is pointing out of your screen towards you and the Y-axis is pointing up, then right-click on the view cube and select "Set Current View as > Front".

Secondly, click on the Front-Top-Right corner of the view cube to re-orientate your isometric view (make sure the Y-axis is still pointing up).  Then right-click the view cube again and choose "Set Current View as Home > (whichever option you prefer)".  Make sure to save this into your (mm) template so that you don't have to do this with every new file anymore.

-cwhetten

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report