Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iLogic changes

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
205 Views, 1 Reply

iLogic changes

Happy Tuesday All,

I was just wondering if there were any changes made to iLogic in Inventor 2017. I wrote a bunch of iLogic programs using Inventor 2016 and now that I am using 2017. I haven't used any of the programs for quite a while but am getting back into using some of the iLogic programs and have been getting errors telling me that I need to "unsuppress" a part before running the iLogic rule. I've gone in and re-ordered some of the code to suppress or un-suppress a part before performing another function, like setting it's length. (this is done by "Component.IsActive" = True or False)

I use a form to control (in this case) a floor assembly's Length, Width, Tailgate option (Barndoor, Air lock, or manual), and side style (Posted or Smooth)

(we manufacture commodity trailers in aluminum and steel) I would love to post examples of the code but this particular rule is 3100 lines long. As I said, it did work with Inventor 2016, but is throwing errors with 2017. What makes me think there have been changes is the fact that in 2016 version, if there was an error in the code it would go directly to the line with the error and highlight it. Now it is throwing a dialog box with no information that makes any sense to me, and just goes back to the code with no indication of where or what the error is.

I tried to make several smaller rules to control the different features I want to change, but had a very difficult time incorporating multiple rules into one form. Even though this is a large rule ,everything worked in Inventor 2016. So what changed?

Appreciate any and all help, I know it's hard without the code and accompanying related files (files are also huge). Hope you all have a great Tuesday.

Frank

Here is the error

In the function Feature.IsActive: The component named "CA-502999-RS:1" is suppressed.  You must unsuppress it to use this function.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well talk about self help! Smiley Wink

I got most of my issues sorted out by just slugging through. It would seem that in this latest (2017) the order in which functions are called can affect how the code will execute. While I don't know enough to say for sure, this seems to be the case. While I couldn't upload the code for all to examine, I did make a screencast after getting the code sorted. There is a brief peek at the code at the beginning of the screencast, if you're interested at how I'm going about it. I'm sure there are many of you out there with much more experience that could program iLogic much more efficient than I did here. But the bottom line is it works smooth and does everything I want it to do. If anyone is interested in seeing the whole program let me know and I'll be happy to forward it to you. Thanks again for your time.

Frank

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report