Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDW zoom all does not zoom sheet

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
tobias
1769 Views, 12 Replies

IDW zoom all does not zoom sheet

In IV 2016 when you pressed zoom all in an idw only the sheet was zoomed.

Now in IV 2017 zoom all is showing all views, also outside the drawing like autocad.

Is there a solution like zoom extends ?

Thanks.

Tobias 

Tobias
The Netherlands
Inventor Pro 2025, Vault Pro 2025, AutoCad Electrical 2025.

If a response answers your question, please use ACCEPT SOLUTION to assist other users later.
Tags (2)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: tobias

I couldn't find anything ... so I'm replying to following.

I used the zoom all to zoom in on the sheet, however I do put views outside of the sheet so I can reference certain things .. and zoom all going outside the sheet would get annoying and old. 

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 13
mdavis22569
in reply to: mdavis22569

ok I added this to the ideas' station ...

I don't like this. If you have an elevation of 1000 ft ... oh you'll be in trouble with the zoom all ..

so I asked for a zoom all/ zoom sheet option.  If I'm missing something let me know

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/zoom-all-zoom-sheet-option/idi-p/6304347

elevation.PNG

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi! This is indeed a change in behavior in 2017. It does not seem like the change was intended. It looks more like a bug. We are investigating how to resolve it soon.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 13
tobias
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi guys,

Thanks for all fast and positive replies. Hopefully a solution will com quickly.

Tobias

Tobias
The Netherlands

If a response answers your question, please use ACCEPT SOLUTION to assist other users later.
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Hey guys i'm having the same problem however it's far worse for me, I spent 30 minutes zooming and was still nowhere close to my part. This is a project due in 2 days and this is a weeks worth of work.... please help...

Spoiler

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 13
Curtis_Waguespack
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi jphelps1937,

Your issue is actually a different one than the one this topic/thread discusses. I would recommend that you start a new topic, and attach the file that exhibits this behavior, and someone will have a look. Don't forget to mention that you're using version 2017.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 8 of 13

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thanks, will do

Message 10 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi Tobias! The issue has been resolved on 2017 SP1/R2. Have you installed it? If yes, please let me know if it works for you. Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 13
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I took a quick look at your issue. Based on the document you attached, it looks like the geometry is far away from the origin. Could you measure the distance between origin point and one of the vertices on the body? If you still cannot figure out, please send the file directly to me (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com). I would like to understand the behavior better. Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 12 of 13
tobias

Hi Johnson,

Yes, I installed it already and it solved the problem.

Thanks!

Tobias

Tobias
The Netherlands

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Oh thank god!!! We just upgraded to 2017 and this issue is a BIG ONE for me, lol. Can't wait to install the fix.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report