Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iCopy problem

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kresh.bell
147 Views, 3 Replies

iCopy problem

Hi,

what does this mean? Does anyone have an idea how to solve this? I am pretty sure that the structure of the template has not been changed

iCopy problem.jpg

it happens when I try to edit the parameter in the already placed iCopy

iCopy problem 2.jpg

The strange thing is that when I edit the same parameters during insertion, everything works perfectly

iCopy problem 3.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: kresh.bell

Hi! Please share the files that exhibit the behavior here or send them to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the behavior better. It sounds like a limitation but I would like to confirm it.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
kresh.bell

@johnsonshiue, many thanks for your support by email

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi Kresh,

Just to provide a bit more detail of the findings without disclosing the design. This is a limitation in iCopy workflow. It seems taht iCopy assembly should not have component patterns (circular, feature-based, or rectangular). On placement, it seems to work fine. But editing will lead to the error as shown above.

To recplicate iCopy assembly, it has to be done on placement. There is a Pattern tab in the Placement dialog. You may replicate the iCopy component in the selected direction (workplane).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report