Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset style library to ansi default

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1531 Views, 3 Replies

How to reset style library to ansi default

Hi

I have an old template witch has been modified a lot. It traveled across a couple of buisness and many user has added a lot of unsued styles.

I would like to know what could be the best way to flush all unused styles.

I know I have to undone everything that has been done, but this is a pain in the ***.

I also tried to copy a new "Design Data" folder to replace mine, but it does not work as I wich.

How can I start with a fresh Design Data without recreat a new title block??

Thanks

Andre

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mdavis22569
in reply to: Anonymous

uninstall ...reinstall.

Get new blank default templates and don't load the styles unless you want them.

Make sure in your Styles manager that they are not used, checked if you're trying to purge them out of the templates.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

How does one source a tamper-free blank default template(s) with default ISO or ANSI standard style lib setup?

I have the same issue where each document basistall has its own customized style....

Preferably without uninstall & reinstall...

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

How does one source a tamper-free blank default template(s) with default ISO or ANSI standard style lib setup?

I have the same issue where each document basistall has its own customized style....

Preferably without uninstall & reinstall...

@Anonymous

Default stuff should be in C:\users\public\public documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2019\Templates and Design Data folders.. Obviously replace 2019 with your version if something else.. 

If you have modified those then let us know what version of Inventor you have and someone may be able to post up a zip file or something.. 

I'm not sure if Autodesk has them available on the internet somewhere or if a repair install will refresh that stuff...

Uninstall/reinstall isn't that bad though.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report