Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove latest versions of a file in Vault Pro to have a previous become the latest version?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
MMorehead204
553 Views, 3 Replies

How to remove latest versions of a file in Vault Pro to have a previous become the latest version?

I have a .dwg and .iam in Inventor 2024 and Vault Pro 2024. Changes were made in several of the latest versions that need undone, and a previous version be the latest. For example, the .iam has 21 versions and I would like to remove versions 21 and 20 to have version 19 be the latest. How do I do this? While using an administrative vault account, I get this error message when trying to roll back to a previous life cycle state. "One or more files have restrictions that prevent roll back of lifecycle state change for all selected files. The operation will be cancelled. Affected Object: [file name]. Restriction: There is no valid lifecycle state to rollback to." I also tried to "Get" version 19 from Vault, open version 19 in Inventor, and then check version 19 in, but the check in and check out options are greyed out when I do this. Please note that I am unable to upload any files to the forum due to conflicts with private data.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: MMorehead204

Hi! Could you take a look at the following article?

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-To-Rollback-a-...

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
MMorehead204
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I tried following the screencast shown on that link, but I do not know what I'm doing wrong. When following along with the workflow and I click "Roll Back Lifecycle State Change", I get the message  "One or more files have restrictions that prevent roll back of lifecycle state change for all selected files. The operation will be canceled. Affected Object: [file name]. Restriction: There is no valid lifecycle state to roll back to." unlike the screencast shows.

Message 4 of 4
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: MMorehead204

I asked Copilot and this was the response.

To revert a file to a previous version and make it the latest in Autodesk Vault Pro, follow these steps:

1. Get a Local Copy:

• Open the file in Vault and navigate to the History tab.
    • Obtain a local copy of the desired previous version from the history.
  2. Roll Back the Lifecycle State:

• Roll back the file’s lifecycle to remove the latest versions from Vault. You can do this by following these steps:
      • Check out the file without the option to download from Vault.
      • Open the previously saved local copy.
      • Check it back into the Vault using Inventor. This action will make the latest version match the previously saved version.

Remember that rolling back to a previous lifecycle state requires a state change to have taken place, and reverting to a previous version of a file requires that the previous version was checked in. Vault cannot be used to revert changes to files that were made but not subsequently checked in.

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report