Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make ipt animation video not lagging during camera movement

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mislav.cuzeUADA2
234 Views, 2 Replies

How to make ipt animation video not lagging during camera movement

Hi, so the problem is when publishing a video from ipt file where components are tweaked i.e. assembly is disassembled, the video lags on the parts where the camera is zooming out or circulating around the assembly. I ramped up the fps setting and the result is that the static parts of dissasembly are very smooth while the camera transitions isn't, i.e. there is always that relative difference in smoothness of the video. I am aware that the frame rate is constant during the whole animation, but how to make it more smooth during those "more abrupt" transitions? Is there any way except ramping the fps to infinity or slowing those camera movements (then the video becomes boring if transitions are too slow)?

Labels (7)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

What is your current FPS? Could you post some screenshots of your settings?

What you probably is looking for is motion blur, eg what would normally happen if the ratio of camera vs object movement is too big for the object it's trying to capture. However, I don't think motion blur is available in Inventor (I can't find it). Instead, the number of frames are fixed to say 24 fps and if the movement is too fast it will cause lag/stutter as each frame is a perfectly rendered still image without any motion blur.

I've read that some people use Unreal Engine to render. I haven't tried that yet though. 🙂

Message 3 of 3

Hi! Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed and the graphics driver is updated. Set the Hardware setting is set to Performance (Tools -> App Options -> Hardware). Also check the graphics setting to see if Inventor.exe runs on the dedicated graphics card.

Regarding the lagging behavior, maybe the exported video is set to high resolution. Try changing it to lower resolution. Does it run smoother?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report