Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Locating Content Center Parts

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
danrboch
490 Views, 8 Replies

Trouble Locating Content Center Parts

I am using Inventor Professional 2023.

We had to move the location on the Content Center Saved parts to an new location on the the server.

The new server has company wide access since Inventor View is going away and Inventor Read-Only needs access to these parts.

I have changed the location pointers in the Projects and in Application Option to point to the new location.

Now all of the 1,000's of assemblies We previously made cannot find the Content Center Parts.

I now spend hours reestablishing the connection to ever bolt, nut washer etc.

What have I missed changing that will correct this?

Labels (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
johnsonshiue
in reply to: danrboch

Hi! The actual cc ipt files need to be stored in the library path in the Project setting -> Folder Options -> Content Center. If it is set to "Default", the path will come from the the App Options -> File -> Default Content Center Files.

Please make sure the user profile has access to the new location and the paths are set properly. Also, the path plus the CC folders and file names should be less than 256 characters.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 9
danrboch
in reply to: johnsonshiue

"The actual cc ipt files need to be stored in the library path in the Project setting -> Folder Options -> Content Center. If it is set to "Default", the path will come from the the App Options -> File -> Default Content Center Files."  These are set as attached. I have full access and the length is not too long.

Message 4 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! The CC library path seems fine to me. I guess it may be related to Windows security setting or user profile setting. Somehow Inventor.exe and InventorRO.exe are not allowed to access the folders. Please make sure all critical Windows updates are installed. Right-click on Inventor desktop icon -> Properties -> Compatibility -> check "Run as Admin." And repeat the same process for InventorRO.

Does it work better now?

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 9
danrboch

"Run as Admin."  Does not have access to network drives. This has never been a issue before.

Message 6 of 9
Frederick_Law

Does the "Content Center Files" folder looks like this?

CC-03.jpg

When you reconnect CC parts, what is the full path you use?

Message 7 of 9
danrboch
in reply to: Frederick_Law

I use: "G:\Engineering\Inventor Design Center\Content Center Files\en-US", then I search the part name in file explorer.

Message 8 of 9
danrboch

"Run as Admin" now has access to the Network drives and Inventor still cannot find the components that already reside there.

Message 9 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! If possible, please share a content center file and the ipj file here in the exact folder structure shown in the images.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report