Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download ftc tetrix parts to autodesk inventor proffessional 2016 ?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
3052 Views, 12 Replies

How to download ftc tetrix parts to autodesk inventor proffessional 2016 ?

I'm a student who is in an ftc team. Although I have successfully downloaded  autodesk inventor proffessional 2016 I need help. I would like to download

the tetrix parts for  the ftc robots but I cant seem to be able to please help me. The first competition is November third.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

What parts are you even talking about?  Provide links to what you are talking about.   Many users here are not in school or colleges and we have no clue about these parts.  Smiley Wink

Update:  Are you referring to this https://grabcad.com/library/official-tetrix-parts-1

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I will be able to send the link  but I'm afraid you might not be able to make much sense of it. My original post probably seemed very uncoordinated

and I should explain better. I'm in the FTC (first technology competition) wich branches of of an organization called First (For inspiration and Recognition of science and technology). Autodesk has links that contain the tetrix pieces to download for the robots https://www.autodesk.com/education/competitions-and-events/first/recommended-softwareto use in inventor.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Yes but that is the problem I have down loaded those files but don't know how to use them or put thme on inventor

Message 5 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Thanks for the link but those files are only for Inventor 2017.  Inventor is not backwards compatible.  Not sure if there's any difference in the link I shared but you could try those files and import them into Inventor from the STEP file format.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Yes but that is the problem I have down loaded those files but don't know how to use them or put thme on inventor.

Message 7 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

You posting the same response twice.  Smiley Wink  Did you read my reply stating these files that you shared the link is based on Inventor 2017 you have Inventor 2016.  You can't open or use those files unless you install Inventor 2017...  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you Im sorry that my replies are sporadic due to my internet but how would I import the files to step format.

Message 9 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

How much Inventor training have you had?

Do you know what a STEP file is?  If you don't.. A step file is a 3D Neutral CAD file that allows you to export the model from one CAD application and import it into another CAD package.  For example the link I provide those files were create in Pro/E/Creo which is another Solid Modeling CAD application.

In Inventor, you would simply select Open and in the open dialog you would change the file type to STEP.  However Inventor can also open Pro/E/Creo files and you can just change the file type to match in.

2017-09-27_19-14-14.jpg]

It all depends on what information and file types are in those ZIPPED files they provide in the link that I shared.   In the end when you open models from other CAD application the information that comes in is considered a "DUMB SOLID".  Which means there's no parametric dimensional values and feature history.

Is there a reason why you can't use Inventor 2017?  If you school stuck on Inventor 2016 and you need to be in this event I might suggest your school upgrade/use Inventor 2017 and save you time in using these files.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thank you so much on your help. Smiley Happy I'm afraid my school will not upgrade but with your veiw i have come to a solution. I plan to install Inventor 2017 to make this process less painful. on my home computer of course. Thanks again Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

learn to spell which*!

Message 12 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Although, welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

As an individual who just signed up yesterday, are you just here to criticize people who are trying to learn and/or assist in this Inventor forum.?

Or did you sign up to learn and/or assist others in this forum?

If its the former we don't need individuals like you doing that.  If the latter, that's great but its not a good start for a forum newbie..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

Message 13 of 13
JDMather

.... I plan to install Inventor 2017 to make this process less painful. 

@Anonymous

You will not be able to open your 2017 files on your school 2016 Inventor unless you Save Copy as STEP (*.stp).

Is your school aware that they can get Inventor for free? There is no cost (other than time to install) to upgrading.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report