Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to arrange components along two paths in Inventor?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
djnijo
639 Views, 11 Replies

How to arrange components along two paths in Inventor?

-----------------------------------------TRANSLATION BY @michele.mk-----------------------------------

[google translate]

Hello, I have a problem that I haven't been able to solve in a few months.

I'm trying to recreate a roller coaster in Inventor. I made the running tracks and backbones etc. with one sweep and two paths. But now I don't get the cross braces arranged. This means, I would like to use the iCopy command to arrange the cross struts (similar to three-point trusses) at a certain distance along the two paths. but when I work with iCopy I only get error messages!

Message1:
"The selected work plane doesn't intersect the selected path. Extend the path so that it intersects the work plane."

Message 2:
"The geometry selected for model vertices has no or more intersections with the arranged work planes."

Wouldn't it be easier to integrate a new function in Autodesk with which, as with the sweep, several paths could be selected, only that the sketch / component in this function can be arranged with a fixed distance on the path?

-----------------------------------------ORIGINAL--------------------------------------------

Hallo, ich habe ein Problem welches ich seit einigen Monaten nicht gelöst bekomme.

Und zwar versuche ich eine Achterbahn strecke in Inventor nachzubauen. Die Laufschienen so wie backbones usw. habe ich mit einen Sweep und zwei Pfade geschafft. nun bekomme ich aber die Querstreben nicht angeordnet. Soll heißen, ich würde gerne mit dem iCopy befehl die Querstreben (Ähnlich Dreipunkt Traversen) un einem bestimmten Abstand entlang der zwei Pfade anordnen. doch wenn ich mit iCopy arbeite bekomme ich nur Fehlermeldungen!

Meldung1:
"Die ausgewählte Arbeitsebene schneidet nicht den ausgewählten Pfad. Verlängern sie den Pfad, damit er die Arbeitsebene schneidet."

Meldung 2:
"Die für Modellscheitelpunkte ausgewählte Geometrie verfügt über keine oder mehrere Schnittpunkte mit den angeordneten Arbeitsebenen."

Wäre es nicht einfacher eine neue funktion in autodesk zu integrieren mit der ganz einfach wie beim Sweep, mehrere Pfade ausgewählt werden könnten, nur das man eben die skizze/ Bauteil in dieser Funktion mit einem festen Abstand auf dem Pfad anordnen kann?

@djnijo Post  and Title has been translated into English by @michele.mk since the discussion takes place on the English Board and is mainly in English. Original titel: Anordnung von Bauteilen entlang Zweier Pfade wie?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
johnsonshiue
in reply to: djnijo

Hi! I suspect there is something wrong either with the Sweep or the iCopy. Could you share the files that exhibit the issue?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 12
djnijo

in the appendix are the 3 dates, you only have to insert the trackv2.ipt into an assembly. I am desperate with the iCopy, unfortunately also because there is no reasonable tutorial that shows all steps from the beginning.

Message 4 of 12
WHolzwarth

I don't have eperience with iCopy besides some samples, but IMO it depends on some calculations in the background.

Calculations need parameters or dimensions in sketches, but the initial Sketch1 in querstrebe1_24in.ipt doesn't have any dimension at all.

I think, this basic sketch needs to be fully dimensioned before trying iCopy.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 5 of 12
djnijo
in reply to: WHolzwarth

I hope that it is correct and works.

Message 6 of 12
WHolzwarth

It should be better. Same can be said about Sketch3 in trackv2.ipt.

I'll come back within about 7 or 8 hours, if not anyone else replies in the meantime.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 7 of 12
JDMather

@djnijo wrote:

I hope that it is correct and works.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 8 of 12
JDMather

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 9 of 12
WHolzwarth
in reply to: JDMather

I did a closer look at trackv2.ipt, and placed some dimensions at Sketch3. Sketch3 needs better dimensions, too.

Additionally I set 3d Sketch3 and 3D Sketch4 visible, and found lots of spline points. I see no reason for such complex splines.

I think, placing the Querstrebe parts along the Sweep can be done without iCopy. Pattern along path perhaps can do it, but possibly fails in angular orientation versus the path.

But cleaning and testing this seems to be time-consuming. It's best for me, leaving this problem.

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
djnijo
in reply to: S_May

Hallo @S_May 
Genau so wie im 3. beispiel, nur ohne der bodenebene sonder nur die 3 Pfade oben. leider scheitert es wohl schon an der iCopy datei also der Querstrebe. Ich bekomm diese einfach nicht an die 3 pfade angeordnet. egal was ich versuche, es funktioniert nicht.

Message 12 of 12
S_May

wenn ich Zeit habe mache ich es morgen...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report