Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can this "bug" be fixed?

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
516 Views, 10 Replies

How can this "bug" be fixed?

I get 2 kinda transparent black lines on my model and there's some solid sticking out of the edge. How can this be fixed? 

BL.PNGtop.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
admaiora
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi.

It's not a bug.

You have use the tool Stich to create a solid, but you have created a zone to 0 thikness (not a good practice).

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 11
cadman777

You have to be very careful when making surfaces in Inventor.

It's not forgiving at all.

And if you're reusing imported surfaces, that's even more difficult to work with.

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: admaiora

Haven't I created a stitch for all the patches? Could you please explain more. Maybe an image would clear it up for me.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cadman777

I understand but how would I else do the front since I can't use for example the Loft operation because of the edge that is angled. Do you have any suggestions?

3d.PNG

Message 6 of 11
gmwi

I'll clean this up and send it back to you later. I'm tied up at the moment so a day or two is in order.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: gmwi

Omg that would mean the world to me seriously!

Here's an update, i did something different on this file but now I have to think of a way to stitch the light edges together if that is too much ignore this.

Message 8 of 11
gmwi

Ok,

Cadman is right. Inventor is touchy on creating patchs that are to be converted to solid. It's a calculating thing.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: gmwi

Oh, I see. Since I didn't know how to create that front with only 2d sketching and extrusions I had to use 3d sketching again. I did the whole vehicle with only 3d sketch a week ago but since I couldn't use dimensions on a drawing on that model, I had to start from scratch and try with only 2d sketching but I couldn't do that with the front of the car as you can see.

Here's my older model that I did with only 3d sketching basically, now I just use it as a template to complete the "BACKUPPP2" file to see where I'm at, kind of.

Message 10 of 11
cadman777

Sorry but my Inventor version is too old to open your files.

I use Rhino3d for surfacing (non-parametric). The thing about Rhino is it's got quad-meshing now which is excellent for scan data processing among other things.

Another excellent surfacing software (parametric & direct-edit) is ZW3D. If you do a lot of that kind of modeling, you may want to consider using ZW3D instead of Inventor. I personally don't own a copy of it, but used it in the past to do scan processing and some surfacing. It still lacked some features that I wanted, which is why I never made the switch. For example, it can't make press-break sheetmetal for flattening. You have to make them manually. But maybe they added that function since I used it a few years ago? Otherwise, it beats Inventor by lightyears for organic surface modeling, plus it's parametric and has direct editing. Very nice software!

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: cadman777

Thats interesting, thanks i will look into it for sure!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report