Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hose and Tube BOM & Parts List Hierachy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
projects77VWN
169 Views, 2 Replies

Hose and Tube BOM & Parts List Hierachy

Hi Inventor community,

I am working in Tube and Pipe, flexible hose runs. We are wanting to model all hydraulics in our GA. Functionally working well but we are unable to get the desired outcome in the Parts List which is something like this;

Top level: GA Hydraulics

2nd: SubASSY Circuit

3rd: SubASSY_Hose_A & all Hose_A_Parts

3rd: SubASSY_Hose_B & all Hose_B_Parts etc

Instead of hose parts being associated with the relevant hose i am getting the hose parts aggregated - screen shots attached

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks Wade 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi! If I understand your request correctly, you would like to create different T&P subassemblies within the same top-level assembly. I don't think the workflow is supported. Each Inventor assembly only allows one T&P subassembly to be created. You will have to create a new regular subassembly and then create the T&P within that subassembly. Repeat the process to create other components.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3

Hi Johnson. Thanks for the reply. Keeping the T&P sub-ASSYs separate is a workable solution for some hydraulic circuits. But not all. However what is best practice approach for multiple circuits in a single ASSY. As per my earlier example (and screen shots) the model hierarchical structure (and BOM) showed the hose and hose fittings correctly (this being Hose A grouped with the Hose A connectors, Hose B grouped with Hose B connectors etc) but the parts list did not group the connectors with the Hose, it displayed them as an aggregate, regardless of the hose they were connected to.

T&P delivers the correct grouping (and parts list outcome) if all items are moved up one level. However this results in the T&P ASSY being suitable for only 1 circuit - so I am back to my original problem.

How to build more than 1 T&P circuit in an ASSY and get the parts list to show the T&P in the same hierarchal structure as the BOM. Note that the BOM does show the structure 'as built / modelled' - screen shot attached of the BOM in good working order (showing the hose and the 2 connectors for both hoses in the circuit) and the Parts List not reflecting the same hierarchy (showing the 2 hoses and the 4 connectors as a group of unrelated parts) with no reference to the grouping of the individual parts to the hose. So another question is, can I get the parts list to reflect the hierarchy of the BOM. Thanks Wade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report