Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holes pattern

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
ZFerrarini
163 Views, 2 Replies

Holes pattern

In Inventor 2023 I created a series of holes with one feature, inserting all the points in one sketch.

The creation works fine, but I can't make it work in the parent assembly when I try to insert one bolt in one hole and try to pattern the rest.

What are my options to make the pattern in the assembly to work?

Create only one hole and pattern it at this level?

Or is there a way to keep my holes as they are and do something different in the assembly?

Thank you in advance.

ZFerrarini_0-1719494633729.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
blandb
in reply to: ZFerrarini

You are making assembly features, so the holes will only exist at the assembly level. You need to make sure you open the part and place features there. You are OK to place all the work points in a sketch, but when start the hole command, it will try to use ALL the points, just use 1 for the hole. The sketch will get consumed by the feature, so expand the hole feature and turn on the sketch visibility. Then in the pattern section choose SKETCH DRIVEN. Since the sketch is visible it will recognize the sketch you want and it will just prompt you to choose the feature to follow the sketch. just choose the hole you just created. Now, at the assembly level, just place a bolt into the parent hole, and use the feature pattern there, then the other holes will auto-populate. Now any time you add new points to that sketch, the holes will be auto populated with the fasteners.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 3
ZFerrarini
in reply to: blandb

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report