Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holes Direction

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
328 Views, 3 Replies

Holes Direction

Hello,

I'm trying to include a hole on a cylindrical surface. According to below video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhEVVWF8x24

But Inventor doesn't give me the option to choose the direction of the hole in "Input Geometry" section. Please see attached. Can anyone please help me with this?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

I'm confused.  It looks like you selected to top ring of the cylinder as your surface for the hole?  The hole has only one direction that it CAN go, but I do see the change direction buttons on the hole command in your image.  Maybe I'm missing something?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras

Hi!

Like in the video, you have to create a work point and a work axis first.

Then, open HOLE tool, select the work point (here the hole will begin) and the work axis.

The direction will be taken from the axis direction, you just have to select if it goes outside or inside the cilynder. 

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue

Hi! On top of what Chris and Carlos already mentioned, you could create a UCS (containing planes, axis, and a point). You will be able to create a Hole feature by picking the geometry in the UCS.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report