Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole quantity note not displaying

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
bengee5454
872 Views, 8 Replies

Hole quantity note not displaying

There are occasions where I have a part with (equal) multiple holes.

In the drawing I place a Hole Note and edit the note. I add the hole quantity (#) to the note.

When I press OK, it seems hit or miss whether or not the hole quantity is displayed! Is there a setting I've missed?  - I spend half my time amending drawings that i didn't create so think something was initially set/not set in the drawing??? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: bengee5454

@bengee5454 

Without design and drawing file to review it's not something easy to troubleshoot over just words in your posting.  Can you share these files?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! I suspect it could be due to setting in the Styles. Are these circular cutouts created as Hole features? Or, they can be extrusion or imported geometry? Go to Manage -> Styles Editor -> Hole Table style -> Options -> make sure Circular Cuts option is checked.

Like Mark said, please share an example here so forum experts can take a look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 9
bengee5454
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for the responses.

Am trying to replicate the issue so that I may share it.......but IV is behaving now! Most infuriating when something works!!!

If it does happen again, i will share

Message 5 of 9
lena.talkhina

Hello @bengee5454  !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Message 6 of 9
shastu

This still happens to me.  I am currently using version 2021 and I do have examples.  See attached.  The hole on the left is using the option, "Number of holes in pattern or feature" where as the hole on the right is using the option, "Number of like holes in view (normal)".  My default is set to "like holes" and so if I don't pay attention, I may miss that it is not displaying.  If you edit the hole note and change the setting, it disappears or reappears.  The strange thing is, if it is part of a pattern, the holes are obviously the same and yet it does not see them as the same.

Message 7 of 9
johnsonshiue

Hi! Many thanks for sharing the files! It looks like a bug to me. I cannot explain the behavior. It seems to be specific to the particular hole or certain type. I am not able to reproduce it on other files. I will work with the project team to understand it better.

Thanks again!

Software Test Engineer
Message 8 of 9

Same here. No quantity shows up. Quantity note in feature or view does not work.

Message 9 of 9

Hi Folks,

The issue was reported as INVGEN-55944. At the moment, there isn't any update to share.

Many thanks!

Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report