Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole function not automatically picking up center points

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
richard_addingtonU6JAS
183 Views, 1 Reply

Hole function not automatically picking up center points

I'm working a project that requires a square/rectangular flange with bolt holes in, this flange can be any size between 400x400 and 800x800.  I'm familiar with how to link Inventor with Excel and setting up the fxParameter table, I can automatically adjust the overall size, number of bolt holes, diameter of holes and bolt hole spacing. 

The problem I'm having is the the Hole function does not pick up all the center points from the sketch after a change (the sketch shows the correct number and spacing of holes).  If I enter a flange size 400x400 this has 12 holes in total and the model is correct, if I then change to a flange size 800x800 this has a total of 28 holes but the model only shows the previous 12 holes yet the sketch shows the correct 28.

I'm sure there must be a way, I've tried all sorts of things but just cannot find the answer.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

@richard_addingtonU6JAS wrote:

The problem I'm having is the the Hole function does not pick up all the center points from the sketch after a change….

I'm sure there must be a way, I've tried all sorts of things but just cannot find the answer.

Use Feature Pattern rather than Sketch Pattern.

Attach your file (or dummy example) if you can’t figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report