Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hole Feature not work (inventor 17)

44 REPLIES 44
Message 1 of 45
Anonymous
1447 Views, 44 Replies

Hole Feature not work (inventor 17)

Hello,

i have installed Excel 2013 (Full feature) and Inventor 2017 but Hole feature not work!

I read this post but the problem is not solved yet.

please help me. i could not figure out what is the problem.

thanks.

holeFeature.gif

44 REPLIES 44
Message 21 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

i instaled screencast and capture with it, please see:
http://autode.sk/29L9b0H

Message 22 of 45
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Truly odd, try changing the hole direction, even though the preview is showing the correct direction it's almost acting as its processing in the wrong direction.

The Autodesk Desktop app should have installed the hotfix for your version of Inventor.

Does the hole function work with other method such as point and linear.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 23 of 45
blair

Possibly try re-registering Inventor:

Re-Register Inventor

1. open a command prompt as administrator
  2. type : "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2017\Bin\Inventor.exe" /install

Wait for about 30 seconds & then retry Inventor

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 24 of 45
mdavis22569

at this point ...I might try the reset utility

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

Just to see if that helps ...

Everyone else is able to get it ..

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 25 of 45
Anonymous

i test it. no not work.
Message 26 of 45
Anonymous

no i'm sure. i use proper. i test a lot of case but the problem not resolved yet.
Message 27 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: mdavis22569

I reset by this tool but not work!
Message 28 of 45
Anonymous

Today, i installed Inventor on fresh win10 in vmware (the current version of my OS) and i didn't have this problem.

Therefore, so far we can conclude:

1- i don't have any problem. (i test a lot of case, even for simplest part the problem occured. the problem occurred with point and liner mode too ). please don't looking for problem to me. i'm not so beginner.

2- the problem is not related with installing inventor - i installed inventor as same way on vmware with same fresh win10 same as host os.
i also reinstall the inventor on host OS but the problem was exist yet.

3- the problem is not related with excel, in vmware i hadn't installed excel and any other software.

4- the problem is not related with windows 10 compatibility issue.

i think we must looking for problem in software collision or maybe some services in windows. and so on.

Excuse me, my English writing is not so good 🙂

Message 29 of 45
blair

It would have been nice if you would have said you are using a virtualization software. The only accepted software is Parallels at this time. The requirements for Autodesk Inventor 2017 are contained on the link.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcartic...

You can also see that Excel 2010, 2013, 2016 is required for certain functionality as well.

I'm sure as soon as your system meets the requirements listed, the issues you are having will be eliminated. I use Boot Camp 6.0 on my MacPro at home and Parallels on my MacBook Pro when I'm on the road. Both use ADSK approved virtualization software without any issues. I'm sure when you switch to Parallels 11 or BookCamp 6 your issues will be solved.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 30 of 45
Anonymous

Please note: in virtualization mode i only had windows 10 without any requirements(excel or etc) and hole feature works correctly. Using virtualization software or reinstalling windows and inventor is not main solution. We must looking for a root of this problem in current windows config.
Message 31 of 45
blair

There is nothing to "note".

Then use it without Excel and the hole only function will work. Since the system doesn't meet the ADSK requirements, don't expect the software to function properly. If you expect 100% functionality of the software, then 100% system requirements MUST be met. It is counter productive to spend more time on this issue until 100% of the system requirements are met.

The "root of this problem" is in the current configuration that doesn't meet the ADSK requirements.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 32 of 45
Anonymous

Okay but i have all requirements. I said that before. What is the problem now?
Message 33 of 45
blair

Are you using Parallels or Boot Camp with Windows 10?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 34 of 45
Anonymous

No and of course we cant install this software on windows because they are for mac os not windows.
Message 35 of 45
blair

What is the VMware then that you have listed in your post number24?

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 36 of 45
mdavis22569

I'm thinking Virtual Machine .... or Headache in my experience with them

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 37 of 45
blair
in reply to: mdavis22569

Either way...

This needs to be a physical unit desktop or laptop that the operator has physical contact with, no virtualization. It must have Windows installed directly on a physical hard drive, formatted to NTFS.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 38 of 45
Anonymous

VMWare is a virtualization Software, i used VMWare (windows version) to test running inventor on raw windows version without any software.

i think fresh windows10 on vmware(windows version) has something that my current physical windows10 doesn't have and we don't know what is that?

i tomorrow reinstall windows (physical version) and inventor and i'm sure inventor will works correctly(like now in vmware) but reinstalling windows is not solution! for any smallest problem we can't reinstall windows).

in Microsoft Windows Forum reinstalling windows is latest step!
Message 39 of 45
blair

Dump the VMware, this will be the root of your problems. You need to have proper Microsoft Windows software installed and for full hole functionality you will need to Excel installed as well.

While you are at it, there is a Hotfix for Inventor 2017 that should be installed as well.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 40 of 45
Anonymous

Your answer does not make sense!
I'm now using the same Windows that I have installed on the virtual machine and also i installed the Excel 2013 full feature. (please note at least hole feature not dependent to excel because in virtual machine. i didn't have excel and hole feature worked correctly! ).

photoshop has a problem -> reinstall windows
autocad has a problem -> reinstall windows
mechanical desktop has a problem -> reinstall windows

i say that this is not a main solution. we should find a problem. for example in blue screen windows error, we can easily reinstall windows or professional users check dump file of memory and critical windows area to find root of problem and send bug report to Microsoft.

you suppose, today i reinstall current windows version and inventor works correctly but if next two week the problem repeated and i ask you about problem here, probably you will say to me that i reinstall windows to resolving problem!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report