Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hinged part as single component

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Yashasvi23481
213 Views, 1 Reply

hinged part as single component

Hi All,

I am using inventor 2018.  I am not sure if its possible but what I am after, is making a plastic part which acts as hinge for door. The plastic part has flexible folding ability at the bend. Can we model them in inventor ? (Part is ok to do but can we show it as hinged item with different positional reps ?) Or do I need to do dummy part with hinge and 2 plates ? Its one of the item where actual part is easier to use than to model. Its 2 way door so it has to open 180 deg. Unless we dodge them using view reps. I.e., creating 3 different positions and hide but BOM will be coming as 3 instead of 1. In a nutshell, my question is can inventor part be made to use in positional rep ? 

Thanks and Regards,

Yash

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi Yash,

At the moment, the answer to your question is no. Inventor part and assembly can only have a unique geometric shape at a time. It does not yet have the ability to support variable shape, flexible part, or model states. For different shapes, you do need different parts or assemblies. We are working on a project called Alternative Representation which will enable such ability. If you want to learn more, please sign up Inventor Beta (https://bit.ly/InventorBeta).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report