Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, application error- what do i do?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
744 Views, 2 Replies

Help, application error- what do i do?

Can someone please help me, it would be much appreciated, so I think I have all of Autodesk Inventor installed, but whenever I try and open it, it sais this:

ApprenticeRegSvr.exe - Application Error

The exception unknown software exception (0x06d007e) occurred in the application at location 0x00000000762CA9F2.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

It sounds like your Inventor didn't register properly with the operating system

Inventor version?  Operating System?

Try these steps..

1.  Close Inventor

2.  If you have Win 7, select the Windows start button and type CMD in the search field box but do not hit an enter

3.  If you have Win 8/8.1/10, select the Windows start button and type CMD but do not hit an enter

4.  When command prompt appears in the list, right mouse click on command prompt in the list and select Run as Admin

5.  In the command prompt window that appears, navigate to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor <version>\Bin

6.  Type Inventor.exe /install.

7.  Wait a few mins.  At this point you will not see anything so don't be concerned

8.  Start Inventor, does it work?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
salariua
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the forum. Seems to me that you have a permissions error.

Follow Mark's advice but I would disable UAC (user account control in control panel) and temporarily disable Anti-Virus before re-registering / installing inventor.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report