Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Achieving Tapered Holes

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
904 Views, 2 Replies

Help Achieving Tapered Holes

Hello,

I'm designing a plate which features an array of holes at various sizes and depths. Some of the holes need to be tapered - ideally I want to define these holes with a mean width and a taper angle. However, the only way I know how to taper a hole would be to define the maximum diameter and then draft material into the hole to make the minimum diameter.

Is it possible to define the mean diameter of the hole and then draft to remove material above the mid plane, and add material below the mid plane to form the taper? I'll attach a sketch to explain myself further.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

I think there is a very easy way to do this. (especially if they are all the same depth)

Can you Attach your file here with the holes at the mean diameter?

I will create an offset workplane to use as the draft plane.

Another technique would be to create a parametric Punch Tool, but this would require extra knowledge and probably not worth the effort for a one-off use.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for this, I created a plane at half the hole depth and then used that as the drafting plane.

Cheers!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report