Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CABLE AND HARNESS SUBASSEMBLY

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mustafaSNRRQ
268 Views, 3 Replies

CABLE AND HARNESS SUBASSEMBLY

Hello,

I have an assembly that contains cables and harness, it is connected from pins to other pins. My question is, is there a way of having this cable and harness as a sub assembly separate than the assembly that i have, and then add it to the assembly by using constraints? or cable and harness have to be done directly on parts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blandb
in reply to: mustafaSNRRQ

Are you wanting to use this same harness in a different assembly?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 4
mustafaSNRRQ
in reply to: blandb

I attached below an image. I want "1" , "2" and the wires to be under one sub assembly because i want to name it all as one sub assembly. And then add it to the assembly that i have there by using constraints i guess. Because when i want to do the exploded view, i don't want to select each of "1" , "2" and the wires to tweak them, plus in the inventory of our company "1" , "2" and the wires have one part number rather than a part number for each.

Message 4 of 4
blandb
in reply to: mustafaSNRRQ

If I am following what you are saying, your harness is an assembly, so if your items "1" and "2" are placed inside the harness, it will all be a sub-assembly. When you open the harness sub-assembly the connectors and wires should all be there as one unit.

Autodesk Certified Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report