Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helical pattern of a Frame generator part

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
talife4725
347 Views, 2 Replies

Helical pattern of a Frame generator part

Hello, 

I'm looking to make a helical pattern of one of the parts of a frame, but whenever I try to do it, it always takes every single component of the frame. Any ideas how I could fix this issue? Was thinking that mayber there is a way to have two separate frames in the same assembly but I have no idea how to proceed

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: talife4725

Hi! This will be tricky. If I understood your request correctly, you would like to pattern the post at the bottom (DIN 20 X 10:1) along the helical path. When you pattern the whole Frame, all the members will go with it.

You will need to create the pattern within Frame sub. You need to place the feature pattern reference (210273-10-01-Jo:1 or another part having the same feature pattern) within the Frame sub. Then you can create the component pattern based on the feature pattern.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
talife4725
in reply to: johnsonshiue

That's exactly what I was looking to do, managed to work around it similarly to your answer, I was just wondering if there was a way to avoid creating subassemblys just for that one thing, but I guess it does the job.

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report