Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch in sketched symbol mapped to 'Hatch' layer when exported to .dwg - IV9

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
213 Views, 3 Replies

Hatch in sketched symbol mapped to 'Hatch' layer when exported to .dwg - IV9

I created a couple of sketched elevation symbols (see pic) and am having a serious problem with the color fill. By default the sketched symbol geometry color is 'By Layer' and mapped to the Defpoints layer, defined by the Styles => Object Defaults. For this specific symbol, it will always be on the ANNOTATION layer. So, while editing the symbol I selected all the geometry, including the hatch, and moved it to the ANNOTATION layer. The lines work great, but the color fill does not change layer! This is definitely a BUG! Now when I export .dwgs, the users of these drawings can turn off the annotation, but there is still a bunch of hatches everywhere from the elevation symbols. If they turn off the 'Hatch' layer, then all the hatching disappears, even in section views. Is there something I am overlooking? This should definitely be fixed cause IMHO all hatches in a drawing should not be forced to exist on the same layer.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

the pic
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Create the symbol & hatch in AutoCAD & import into Inventor. The hatch will
export back to dwg ok then.

wrote in message news:4993381@discussion.autodesk.com...
the pic
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

great, thanks for the tip

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report