Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware not showing up in drawing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
412 Views, 5 Replies

Hardware not showing up in drawing

I have an assembly that I updated, and added some hardware to (some lockwashers and button heads)... I save the model, go into the drawing, update all sheets... and can't see the button heads. The lockwashers that I added at the same time though show up just fine.

The hardware isn't marked as reference or suppressed, I drilled down in the tree and found it there and it is marked as visible, and the new hardware shows up in the bill of materials... it just isn't actually visible in the views landed.

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Marco.Takx
in reply to: Anonymous

Are those Hardware components maybe surface models.

If so, include then all surfaces like below.

01.jpg

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Just gave that a try, no luck!

I don't understand it because this is a hardware model I use in pretty much every model I work on and never had this issue.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Ok... Update.

I have a model with holes, that my lockwasher is constrained to, and then my buttonhead is constrained to that lockwasher...

If I turn visitbility OFF for the part that the lockwasher is mated to, suddenly the hardware shows up! Then, when I turn the visibility of that part back on the hardware disappears again.

I've checked to make sure that the buttheads aren't under that part or something, and they're not. You can see them just find in the model.

Message 5 of 6
LT.Rusty

Did you accidentally set it to the LOD that shows no content center parts?

Rusty

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The behavior does not sound normal to me. Is it on base view or a section view or projected view? Would you be able to simplify the assembly and still reproduce the behavior? Could you attach the dataset here or send it to me directly (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)?

I woul like to take a look at the dataset and understand this behaivor better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report