Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Half section - half view section line issue in dwg

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
PremTM
979 Views, 9 Replies

Half section - half view section line issue in dwg

Hi, I'm trying to get the section line in .dwg to look the way it looks in first attached picture in order to get the half section- half view result similar to the one shown in the picture. However, if I end the section line in similar fashion it cuts the view part out (see pickture 2). Is there a way to do it the way I want or do I have to either extend the line all the way to the end of the part or end it at the vertical piece?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Cadmanto
in reply to: PremTM

If you just draw your section line the way you show in your first pic, it will look like below.

section.png

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2018

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 10
PremTM
in reply to: Cadmanto

Exactly, there are 2 details missing (a) a short perpendicular line and (b) an arrow+section label underneath it.

Message 4 of 10
Cadmanto

Yeah, I get what you are saying.  Unfortunately, short of adding a leader in addition to the section arrow, it is not going to come along for the ride.  You can add an idea in the Inventor IdeaStation if you would like to see something like this in the future.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 10
PremTM

Thank you for clarifying that for me. Honestly, I'm a little surprised, that's the only acceptable way of marking the beggining and ending of a section plane I've encountered both in my university and resources gathered from other european universities. Leaving one end hanging seems weird, although I've just found exactly that in some American resources. I'll survive 🙂

Message 6 of 10
Cadmanto

You bring up an interesting point I never thought of since you use European settings.  Under the Doc settings drawings I think there is a 3rd angle projection and orthogonal settings.  Not sure if that would alter what you are looking for.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 10
PremTM

It's only available under Style Editor (Standard) and I made sure it was European 😄 Now that I think of it there might be a setting within style editor that takes care of it section line display, I'll check it out later. Highly doubtful though since I imagine something like "end section line" should be available under right click menu.

Message 8 of 10
IgorMir

Technically - it is quite doable in Inventor. Here is how. Please see the attached IV2018 files.

Cheers,

Igor.

@PremTM wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to get the section line in .dwg to look the way it looks in first attached picture in order to get the half section- half view result similar to the one shown in the picture. However, if I end the section line in similar fashion it cuts the view part out (see pickture 2). Is there a way to do it the way I want or do I have to either extend the line all the way to the end of the part or end it at the vertical piece?

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 9 of 10
PremTM
in reply to: IgorMir

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it's not how it's supposed to work/appear. You missed a piece of last sentence of my original post, where I said that extending the section line all the way to the extents of a part isn't the ideal solution.

Message 10 of 10
IgorMir

Well, than Scott's version is the only way, I suppose...

Cheers,

Igor.

@PremTM wrote:

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately it's not how it's supposed to work/appear. You missed a piece of last sentence of my original post, where I said that extending the section line all the way to the extents of a part isn't the ideal solution.

Web: www.meqc.com.au

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report