Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics update issue (IDW)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Carl_mgfx
233 Views, 1 Reply

Graphics update issue (IDW)

Hi all

I have a client that has recently updated their Vault Server and Client pc's (2012) to Update 1.

They are now experienceing various issues when opening data that was last used in 2010.  All issues are on Inventor 2012 SP1.

Issue 1: When opening an IDW from vault and selecting to not check it out, components that are to the rear of the view are showing as visible detail on the front of the view. (4 sided box with different plug points and outlets on each side, view side 1 with ony electrical outlets, and side 3 opposite (on the rear) with gas outlets shows as is on side 1).

Issue 2: When making changes to a facia plate of an open part (not checked out) the changes are not updated in the respective IDW (also open but not checked out).  When the update button is pressed the IDW seems to update but then reverts to its previous state.

Issue 3: Some single parts are showing in the browser of the IDW as assemblies, and when opened show as parts.

I hope this was a good enough explanation of the issues.  I wil try and get some screen shots of these issues and post them.  Any feedback in the mean time will be appreciated. 

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ampster40
in reply to: Carl_mgfx

@Carl_mgfx wrote:

They are now experienceing various issues when opening data that was last used in 2010.

I do not know how the process is done, but I believe it is considered standard practice now that when updating software to a newer version, you should migrate previously created models up to the newer version before attempting to use or open the models.

Do you know if they migrated their models stored in Vault up to 2012?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report