Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Student Software Download

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
59133 Views, 5 Replies

Free Student Software Download

Hello,

I am a student at UIUC and am trying to download Inventor Professional 2016 for free. Though I was able to download it under "browser donwload", it kept requiring me to put in a serial number and installation key. I was not given one, so I was forced to choose the 30 day free trial. Under my account, I entered my school's information and my .edu email address, yet it still states that it cannot be downloaded at this time. I have included a screenshot of the error message it keeps sending me.

inventor download problems.PNG 

Do I have to be connected to my school's internet to be eligible for a free 3 year download? I am using a private network.

Any help on how to get the free 3 year version (preferably without uninstalling the whole package) would be greatly appreciated. I need this for a class, and only have a few days left of my free trial, so I would really appreciated any help, assistance, or feedback.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mwighton
in reply to: Anonymous

If you downloaded the software from the autodesk.student page then you should have received an installation key. Go to that page and navigate to your account information. You should be able to see the software that you downloaded in one of the menus. In this menu when you select inventor there should be an installation key.

You do not need to be on your school server to get this software.
Did this post help out? Hope it did.
If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Kudos' Button below.
God Bless

Mwighton
Message 3 of 6
mwighton

God Bless

Mwighton
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: mwighton

I used a browser download. Not sure if that changes things, but when I went to my account settings under management and checked all the tabs, there was nothing that even appeared there, including the free 30 day trial software I just recently downloaded. 

Do you recommend deleting the entire software and redownloading it?

Message 5 of 6
mwighton

I dont work for autodesk, but I would think they would not give you a liscence unless you download from them. I think the easiest thing for you to do is uninstall the one you got and reinstall from the autodesk website. that way you dont have any problems.

I dont know why you would download the software from a third party when autodesk has it for free already....

God Bless

Mwighton
Message 6 of 6
JDMather

STOP!

Whatever you are doing - you are getting uniformed information here.

Your question should be posted over here-

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/bd-p/24

You do not need to be connected through your school network to get the software.

I would have recommended to you to use the Browser Download method - just as you have done.

The problem is not that you cannot get or install the software - you have already done that and all was successful.

DO NOT uninstall your successful install.

The problem is that Autodesk's flawed system will not assign you a Student Serial Number.

The solution:

Autodesk's standard response has been to try creating a new student account using a different email.

So, following their instructions - rather than using your edu email (which would certainly seem logical), create a gmail account and try then creating a new Autodesk Student account.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report