Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame member cut extrude bug - Inventor 2018

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
554 Views, 3 Replies

Frame member cut extrude bug - Inventor 2018

Hello everyone,

I am trying to cut extrude a frame members to a specific shape using EXTRUDE CUT, as Inventor is unable to cut "complex" shape using TRIM/EXTEND command.

I did the EXTRUDE CUT in the frame assembly, or if I have many frame members it would be too long to repeat it for each members. I get the right shape in the frame assembly, but when I open the frame member part, the frame member has no cut.

A-0009.iam is my main assembly --> image 1

TF-0002.ipt is my "template" --> image 2

A-0009-FR.iam is my frame "assembly" --> image 3

Thanks

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Not a bug - this is the same as in the real world.

If you assemble two parts in the real world and then cut - the cut does not magically appear in parts before assemble.

But in Inventor you CAN edit the parts in the context of the assembly and therefore the changes do appear at the part level.

Attach your assembly here if you can’t figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
gcoombridge
in reply to: Anonymous

Also upgrade to 2021 if possible.. Trim/extend has been improved to allow curved cut faces.. 

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

So if there are 50 frame members to cut with same profile, I would have to cut it one by one at part level? There is no simple alternative?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report