Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame Generator

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
j.nimbona
243 Views, 2 Replies

Frame Generator

Hi, I'm new to Inventor and stumbled upon a problem while trying to use the frame generator. I want my connection between the beams to be as shown in the drawing. I don't want them to intersect.

jnimbona_0-1688549251386.png

jnimbona_1-1688549430795.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: j.nimbona

@j.nimbona 

Right click on the project folder and select Send to zipped folder. Attach the resulting *.zip file here. 
In the one beam you simply need to Trim. For the other one that should be two beams - Split the skeleton line and create as two beams. (Or you could add a sketch point and go point to point.) Then Trim. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
CGBenner
in reply to: j.nimbona

@j.nimbona 

From your image it looks like you need to apply some end treatments to those beams.  Since Frame Generator is sketch driven, beams that are placed will initially come in intersecting the sketch line they were placed on.  Using some combination of end treatments (trim/extend, miter etc), depending on how the beam was placed and where, will give your frame a more finished look and will then report accurate cut lengths for your material in your BOM.

This is a Help page from IV 2022 about End Treatments and how to apply them (it hasn't changed much if you're on a newer release), and I would also recommend spending some time on YouTube searching for Frame Gen tutorials to help you to understand the basics.

Good luck, and keep bringing those questions here, this is a great place to get help.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report