Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force at the center of the table

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
374 Views, 5 Replies

Force at the center of the table

I just need an advice . Please see the following pic 1 :

DSCN3410.JPG

This the table of length 160*80 cm and the load is applied at the center of the table of 30 kg.

Similar to the above pic 1 i have designed the table in pic 2 in Inventor which is as follows :

Center.PNG

The Force in the above pic , i assumed that it is equal to the weight in the center of the table as in pic 1  . So just want to clarify whther my assumption is correct or not ? and if not then do i have to use any split tool for that ?

Your advice in this regards will be highly appreciated .

Best Regards

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

To apply the force as shown in the picture you must Split the face of the table in Inventor.

Otherwise the force is spread out across the entire top face rather than concentrated where the weighted object is placed on the table in your image.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

So , for that specific concentrated load do i have to make it for the same size as of image ? or just a small area can be split ?

Message 4 of 6
JDMather

P=F/A

If you make the diameter of the split 1mm, what is the pressure?

If you make the diameter of the split 1000mm, what is the pressure?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 6
blair

Yes, you would need to create a sketch on the table top face with a Circle that matches the contact face diameter of your lower weight. Use the Split-Face to set this as a separate Face and then apply your 30Kg load to the circular face.

I would use the Fixed Constraint for the base of one of the table legs and use the Constrain (Vector) to fix the other 3 Leg Face bases. This closer represents the legs on a floor. Allows for a better analysis of the Table, Frame and Legs. I would normally apply a coefficient of friction on the 3 leg face bases because they are not truly "fixed". 

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Yes , there will be a difference . Thank you for your advice 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report