Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fillet over seam in revolved surface... propeller project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
237 Views, 3 Replies

Fillet over seam in revolved surface... propeller project

I have just started using Inventor but I am having a major issue with the seams that are present on revolved splines.

This is a propeller model, and I am trying to add fillets to the blades/hub. The fillets work, except when the blade passes over the seam of the revolve.

1. File > Open, select the Cleaver.igs file.
  2. Set as “Stitch” for surfaces:
    Importstep.png

3. 3D Model > Combine tool, hub as Base, blades as Tools.SolidCombine.png
  4. I am having some difficulty with the fillet due to the seam in the hub
    FilletFailure.png

Any help you can provide will be really appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

New to Inventor, have you done any tutorials?   This is import data..  Are you sure its "good"?

What version of Inventor is this?

Can you provide the data that you used to import?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes, this is imported data - sorry. But the seam issue supposedly comes from surfaces created from revolved splines.

As far as if the geometry is "good", this IGES file works in other software: Solidworks, Rhino, MasterCam, Creo, etc, and we are able to fillet.

I tried to attach the file, appears it didn't attach to the post. Hopefully it attaches here...

Oh, and I had this problem last year in Inventor 2018. I was hoping it was fixed, Im using Inventor 2019.

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! The problem is with the cylinder. The cylinder is a spline-based pseudo cylinder, not a real cylinder. Simply hide the imported cylinder and recreate a real one with circles. Then combine the solid bodies and do the fillets. It will work better. BTW, please avoid posting duplicate threads. It only creates confusion.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report