Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill title block prompted entry through forms/ilogic

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ravitej18829
983 Views, 6 Replies

Fill title block prompted entry through forms/ilogic

Hi,

I would like to fill prompted entry fields in title block through input box triggered through I-Logic.

There are two or three fields in our title block which I want to fill through I-Logic.

Thanks,

Rst

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
IgorMir
in reply to: Ravitej18829

Is there any particular reason you want to do so? What has happen to the old fashion way of filling the information in part's iProperty DB and get this information with the corresponding drawing's title block automatically? Subject - the TB is set up properly, of course.

Cheers,

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 3 of 7
Ravitej18829
in reply to: IgorMir

Thanks Igore for the reply!!!! Main reason is that three prompted entry fields should be filled in all sheets again whenever we create a new sheet, and we dont have the authority to change the templates.

Thanks,

Rst

Message 4 of 7
IgorMir

Seems like a simple issue is escalated to a mission impossible. 😊

@Ravitej18829 wrote:

Thanks Igore for the reply!!!! Main reason is that three prompted entry fields should be filled in all sheets again whenever we create a new sheet, and we dont have the authority to change the templates.

Thanks,

Rst

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 5 of 7
Ravitej18829
in reply to: IgorMir

I can understand that its a simple issue, bit most of our drawings usually have more than 15 sheets....

Thanks,

Rst

Message 6 of 7
kelly.young

Hello @Ravitej18829 I see that you are visiting as a new member to the Inventor Forum.
Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

You can create custom iProperties and add them to the title block, then quickly access through an iLogic form.

Please select the Accept Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 7 of 7
mcgyvr

@Ravitej18829 

So you currently have 3 fields that are setup as prompted entries in your drawing template and you want to switch to using ilogic for some reason..

You stated that you do not have permission to modify your templates right? If so how are you going to stop the current prompted entry process? If you can't change the template the prompts will still happen..

Lets say that you manage to get the prompted entries to stop..

Are these fields that you want the same on all sheets? So that you only want to fill them out when you first start a drawing and any new sheet automatically gets that filed filled in based off the first ilogic prompt?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report