Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File and Model Browser Bar creates new window

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
devin.hulshof
425 Views, 3 Replies

File and Model Browser Bar creates new window

With 2020, I am have trouble with switching windows becoming dragging the file/model tab to be a new window/item. Is there a setting to change this sensitivity/how much you much the tab before it becomes a new item?

The File/Window Browse Toolbar at bottom of screen is too sensitive, click to change file windows with slight accidental drag of mouse, and it pulls the file to create a new window. Same thing happens with File Browser on side with the Model, iLogic, and Vault tabs. Can you please point me to a setting, or an active forum request.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: devin.hulshof

@devin.hulshof wrote:

With 2020, I am have trouble with switching windows becoming dragging the file/model tab to be a new window/item. Is there a setting to change this sensitivity/how much you much the tab before it becomes a new item?

The File/Window Browse Toolbar at bottom of screen is too sensitive, click to change file windows with slight accidental drag of mouse, and it pulls the file to create a new window. Same thing happens with File Browser on side with the Model, iLogic, and Vault tabs. Can you please point me to a setting, or an active forum request.

Thanks.

@devin.hulshof  If I understand you...I would think this may be an issue with either your specific screen resolution maybe or potentially an issue with your mouse pointer motion speed. 

What resolution and any windows scaling do you have set??

I certainly wouldn't consider it to be too sensitive now for my settings..

2560 x 1080 resolution (100% Windows scaling) and Mouse motion speed 4 clicks down from full "fast"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
phila
in reply to: devin.hulshof

Were you able to get an answer or find a solution to your original question?

Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: phila

Hi! The original posting was a bit vague. I think this is probably about the last opened file behavior. It can manifest itself in different ways. Key stroke is ignored. Last opened file is selected automatically. Selecting a new file is difficult in File Open dialog (or any File accessing dialog).

This has been discussed before. The behavior can be found in 2018, 2019, and 2020. We have been working on a fix. It will be available in the coming updates (2020.3 and double-dot updates to 2018 and 2019).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report